Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

1. Senior Member

Black Friday

Advertisements
    Each year, store always want to be the first to kick off their Black Friday sales so that they can get the most customers.
    This has led to many major chains starting their sales Thursday night.
    What do you think about this - or Black Friday in general?

Personally, I don't particularly Black Friday in general. But starting sales on Thursday makes me sad to think of the people who have to work instead of being with their families. Working retail during the holidays is lousy enough, no need to make them come in on Thanksgiving.

2. Senior Member

Oh, and I do try to support small business Saturday

3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

To be honest, I don't even like grocery shopping on a weekend because I like to have a calm, zen shopping experience, so there's no way I'm going anywhere on that weekend. I have never been shopping, and hope to continue that trend until...well, the grave.

To be fair, we're not big on presents though anyway, so I'd just be buying whatever was a good deal for us.

As for the workers, some dislike it, some love the hours, I think it's part of American culture and if you work in retail you probably know and expect that.
  4. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I don't have a problem with it. I know smiths(the grocery store) here is paying their employees extra for working that day and a lot of people want as many hours as they can cause they need money.

5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I don't really have a problem with it. Just going off on my experience, many times employers ask first if anyone would be willing to work that night & go off that. Again, that's just my experience & maybe I just had cool bosses.

But I also don't do Black Friday shopping in stores. You couldn't pay me to go in a store with those crazy ass people.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I don't have a problem with it. They get overtime or holiday pay usually. Plus I see all the uproar on facebook "boycott retail open on Thanksgiving!" yet those people gladly eat their dinner, drink their booze and plop down in a chair in front of a TV to watch football that day. Those football players aren't with their families. The stadium workers and concession stand workers have to work and aren't with their families. But no one wants to speak out for them.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. I know smiths(the grocery store) here is paying their employees extra for working that day and a lot of people want as many hours as they can cause they need money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it. Just going off on my experience, many times employers ask first if anyone would be willing to work that night & go off that. Again, that's just my experience & maybe I just had cool bosses.

But I also don't do Black Friday shopping in stores. You couldn't pay me to go in a store with those crazy ass people.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. They get overtime or holiday pay usually. Plus I see all the uproar on facebook "boycott retail open on Thanksgiving!" yet those people gladly eat their dinner, drink their booze and plop down in a chair in front of a TV to watch football that day. Those football players aren't with their families. The stadium workers and concession stand workers have to work and aren't with their families. But no one wants to speak out for them.
    and !!!!!!!

I have zero issue with it
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't have a problem with it.

I hate Black Friday and I think no amount of savings or deals is worth the aggravation of dealing with it. But if other people want to shop, then I'm not going to hold it against companies for being open for business.
    Banned
    I worked a black Friday and Staples my Senior year of HS and I will never ever go shopping on Black Friday it was a nut house and it was only Staples! I can only imagine what Wal-Mart or Best Buy is like. People have DIED in past years!
  10. Senior Member
    I like Black Friday. I think it's fun. It can be kinda crazy but I enjoy it so much haha.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast