Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman will give note, not candy, to children she percieves as overweight

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Woman will give note, not candy, to children she percieves as overweight

Advertisements
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I take issue with this on a couple of counts - 1) I don't think it is the job of random Tom, Dick or Harry's to pass this sort of judgment regarding the child's condition and 2) I don't think this is the appropriate way to go about it as the child is going to see that they are not getting what other children who may also be at the door at the same time are given and may read the note and see that this random person is saying they are fat and their parents are not being good parents. If she is so upset at the situation maybe she should just turn off the porch light and not give candy to anyone OR pass out HEALTHY treats for all children who come to her door
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My DH was just telling me about this, I said I think she's gonna get her lights punched out. Who does she think she is anyways?
  4. Senior Member
    How about instead of singling out children, since she has no idea of their medical history, she doesn't hand out candy at all, but instead a healthy alternative. There are plenty of great and delicious options....
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This woman is ridiculous. 1. Where does she come off thinking it's her place to tell someone else's kid they are overweight. 2. Way to create or deepen some self esteem issues, this is not the correct way to go about helping fight obesity at all . I would be absolutely steaming if someone gave a letter like that to my child.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think that's cruel to the child when it's not the child's fault, but the parent's fault. Furthermore, children that are skinny aren't necessarily eating healthy. She should just pass out healthy treats to ALL children if she feels that strongly about it.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    How about instead of singling out children, since she has no idea of their medical history, she doesn't hand out candy at all, but instead a healthy alternative. There are plenty of great and delicious options....
    . I can't imagine being a child and going trick or treating and some lady handing me a letter that basically says no candy for me because I'm fat. I would be so upsetting to me.

8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    What a judgmental bitch. Good job on fat shaming kids. I'm sure they'll feel ever better about themselves now

Who the hell does she think she is shaming kids & their parents. Fuck her & her goody-two-shoes attitude.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Senior Member
    Uhm, RUDE. I fail to see why she can't hand out healthy snacks if she feels that strongly about the obesity epidemic... notes to "fat kids" is totally inappropriate.
  10. Senior Member
    I'm just waiting for the news reports that her house is covered in eggs and toilet paper come November first, lol.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast