Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wanna be a pimp for Halloween.

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

I wanna be a pimp for Halloween.

Advertisements
    Yep, that's what I got tonight from my 14 y/o.

A couple of weeks ago, my son told me that he wanted a purple shiny suit to wear for Halloween. So, I'm open minded. I say, well, I'll see what I can do. He says he wants a matching purple hat too to go with the outfit, and a lighter color shirt. At first I thought, that's funny, you are silly. He said he wants to be a guy in the purple suit.

Today he is pushing it. hard. Saying did you find my suit yet? What are we going to do? I tell him what the heck? You wanna be a pimp for Halloween? He says, "Yeah! I do!".

I know it's probably silly. I mean I'm sure SNL has done sketches on stuff and a lot of people dress up for SNL people on Halloween. Right?

But this is striking me wrong. I don't like this idea at all. BUT, yet I have pics of my parents and friends from the 70's that have worn similar costumes. Thoughts?
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    eh, hes 14. Its not like he came home and was like 'mom, i love me some hookers', he wants to be a pimp for halloween. Its actually a fairly common costume. People dress up as witches when they are christian, they dress up as zombies even though that can be disrespectful to the dead- its a holiday. And hes 14, not 9.
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Does he understand what a pimp is? Or does he just like the costume?

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Senior Member
    I wouldn't let my kid dress up as a pimp for halloween, whether its a popular costume or not. I don't think that's a good thing to be glorifying.
  5. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    eh, hes 14. Its not like he came home and was like 'mom, i love me some hookers', he wants to be a pimp for halloween. Its actually a fairly common costume. People dress up as witches when they are christian, they dress up as zombies even though that can be disrespectful to the dead- its a holiday. And hes 14, not 9.
    I know it. I get it! It's just developed to weird. ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    Does he understand what a pimp is? Or does he just like the costume?
    I think he likes the costume. But I did say, "Do you even know what a pimp is?" And he said, "yeah mom, I know!"
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wouldn't let my kid dress up as a pimp for halloween, whether its a popular costume or not. I don't think that's a good thing to be glorifying.
    That's what I was kind of thinking!
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    I know it. I get it! It's just developed to weird. ya know?

I think he likes the costume. But I did say, "Do you even know what a pimp is?" And he said, "yeah mom, I know!"
    And did he explain?

8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I get what you are saying, but people who dress up as the devil for halloween arent glorifying the devil, KWIM? Also, those pimp costumes are more making fun of than glorifying. They are ridiculous- purple fluffy hat with giant matching suit and a cane. Is it kind of weird? Yeah. But its halloween.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I get what you are saying, but people who dress up as the devil for halloween arent glorifying the devil, KWIM? Also, those pimp costumes are more making fun of than glorifying. They are ridiculous- purple fluffy hat with giant matching suit and a cane. Is it kind of weird? Yeah. But its halloween.
    this! The pimp costumes are hysterical
  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I agree but I think at 14 you should KNOW what you are being. Like if you want to be Hitler, cool, but you should know who he is.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast