Thread: Mother Who Killed Children Seeks Cut of Estate

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mother Who Killed Children Seeks Cut of Estate

Advertisements
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    that's a terribly sad story but I don't think she should be able to get a piece of the estates. Convicted or not she was the cause of their death.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't feel she should get a single penny (even tho she technically wouldn't be getting it anyway). I get that she wasn't convicted, but it's not as though it went to court and they decided she didn't do it. She essentially admitted to doing it, she just had a mitigating circumstance that allowed her to change the outcome. She still committed the crime, and would still be profiting off of her crime (again, I realize she herself would never see the money, but it still does give her money in a sense). I don't know the wording of the law though so I don't know if it leaves room for interpretation on cases like these.

ETA: I would also like to say I feel very sorry that she got to a point in her life where she felt this was the only thing she could do to protect her children, and was unable to get, or was unaware she needed help until it was too late. I just don't think she should get money whether it was her "fault" or not, it happened at her hands.
    Last edited by MissyMe; 10-04-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    :)
    Blog Entries
    She shouldn't get shit. She killed her kids...I don't care if she is crazy or not she shouldn't of been found not guilty and it makes me sick. I read she can get out of the hospital when she is no longer found to be mentally ill...wtf?! So if this happens next month, next year or the next ten years then she gets away with murder. Sorry got off track never hear the story until now.

Anyway...like I said earlier she shouldn't get shit but she probably will because our justice system SUCKS!!

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    I honestly think she shouldn't get a dime. I mean she killed her children, even if she was having psychological problems and now wants a part of their estate. Not right, I would be really upset if someone awarded her this money.
  6. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    that's a terribly sad story but I don't think she should be able to get a piece of the estates. Convicted or not she was the cause of their death.
    This.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I am really bothered by the idea of her being able to "profit" from their deaths when she is the one that caused them - mentally ill or not.
  8. Senior Member
    I can't imagine coming to my senses one day to realize I had murdered my children in a psychotic mental break. I honestly do feel a degree of sympathy for those with severe mental illness, after having psychology clinicals with a man who had murdered his entire family in a schizophrenic delusion (similarly, he thought he was saving them from people who were coming to torture them), and now has no recollection of the incident and frequently asks to call them because he's worried since he hasn't heard from them in a long time. Courts don't hand out not-guilty due to mental illnesses verdicts lightly, it takes a lot of proven history and psychiatric testing.

But, I would imagine the amount of guilt I felt would be incredible, and I can't imagine asking for any kind of benefit to come from it. So, no, I don't think she should be entitled to the estate.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof2in09 View Post
    She shouldn't get shit. She killed her kids...I don't care if she is crazy or not she shouldn't of been found not guilty and it makes me sick. I read she can get out of the hospital when she is no longer found to be mentally ill...wtf?! So if this happens next month, next year or the next ten years then she gets away with murder. Sorry got off track never hear the story until now.

Anyway...like I said earlier she shouldn't get shit but she probably will because our justice system SUCKS!!
    She didn't get away with murder. She was mentally ill, so much so she killed her children due to delusions she was suffering, and she's been committed to a psych hospital for the past 4 years and will probably be there for a long, long time.

But yeah, I do agree her being awarded the money sets a dangerous precedent.

And if she does get out eventually, well, even people found guilty of murder sometimes eventually get out of prison.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLea View Post
    I can't imagine coming to my senses one day to realize I had murdered my children in a psychotic mental break. I honestly do feel a degree of sympathy for those with severe mental illness, after having psychology clinicals with a man who had murdered his entire family in a schizophrenic delusion (similarly, he thought he was saving them from people who were coming to torture them), and now has no recollection of the incident and frequently asks to call them because he's worried since he hasn't heard from them in a long time. Courts don't hand out not-guilty due to mental illnesses verdicts lightly, it takes a lot of proven history and psychiatric testing.

But, I would imagine the amount of guilt I felt would be incredible, and I can't imagine asking for any kind of benefit to come from it. So, no, I don't think she should be entitled to the estate.
    This is where I'm at.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast