Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning plastic bags?

1. Senior Member

Banning plastic bags?

Advertisements
    So, the town I live next to (nearly attached cities), as of May 1st, implemented a ban on plastic bags and a $.05 charge on all paper bags. What do you think about this?

Personally, I find it to be an infringement of the business owner's and consumer's rights. I mean, I always get paper or go without a bag but it is still obnoxious to me that it's a ban, not an incentive against using them. It was voted by the city council, not by public vote.

What do you think? Would you support this ban?
  2. Senior Member
    That's stupid.

Do what Germany does, charge for bags. It encourages people to get their own reusable bags. But if someone wants to pay for plastic, go for it.

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Fuck no!!

What do you think I put poopy diapers in? I save all my plastic bags when I go grocery shopping & then a diaper gets thrown in one & tied up before it gets thrown in the diaper pail. I would lose my shit if I didn't have my plastic bags.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    I do. Those plastic bags are TOXIC to the environment. Charging $0.05 per bag isn't much--if you have 10 bags, it's $0.50.

To me, it's not that hard to bring reusable bags and it's so much kinder to the environment.
  5. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    They did it in the county next to me. I don't really care. Plastic bags suck anyways, and they're around forever. Any kind of "clever" reuse of them, at least for me, expires after I accumulate fifty. They're pretty pointless, all in all. Also, I think environmental safety trumps consumer rights.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know it sounds complacent and bad of me, but I don't care. People are careless with plastic bags and they clutter and endanger the environment and wildlife.

After living in England for a few years, it's too easy to have a fabric bag folded up in the bottom of my purse for spontaneous purchases and it's no effort to have reusable bags for larger shopping trips.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Fuck no!!

What do you think I put poopy diapers in? I save all my plastic bags when I go grocery shopping & then a diaper gets thrown in one & tied up before it gets thrown in the diaper pail. I would lose my shit if I didn't have my plastic bags.
    I save my plastic bags too and use them to pick up after my dogs if I run out of the little plastic bags.

8. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Except Rissa.
  9. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Sure, I have seen many places charge 5 cents for any bag that is used that is not reuseable.
    Heck Target gives you 5 cents off of your purchase for every reuseable bag you use. So if you bring in 20 reuseable bags you save a dollar.

We use reuseable and have for a while.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    Except Rissa.

You can just give me your bags. The amount of crap this kid has, I have about 5 bags left by the time I need to go shopping again.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast