Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Courage or Stupidity?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Public yes, in schools, no.
    But the situation here was that he was NOT violating the schools dress code. If they wanted to change the code, that is fine, but to punish him for something one teacher thought, in her mind, was inappropriate?
    Ohhh gotcha-- somehow I missed that. So it was personal preference, as opposed to something actually against the rules? Yeah, I call bullshit. I'd wear the same damn shirt. I'd be tempted to change into it every day for a week right before that teacher's class.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What exactly was the reason for the school asking him to remove the shirt? I have a hard time believing it's simply because the shirt said NRA on it. Seems like there's more to that story, what am I missing?
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    What exactly was the reason for the school asking him to remove the shirt? I have a hard time believing it's simply because the shirt said NRA on it. Seems like there's more to that story, what am I missing?
    I don't know what his school dress code is, but all the schools I've ever went to had a strict rule against wearing anything with firearms on it.

be cool.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Its neither. Its standing up to a school administration that thinks that it is above its own rules.
    If the shirt had jesus on a cross. and the same situation happened, the country would be up in arms protecting him.

He was ARRESTED for not removing the shirt. Arrested. handcuffed by the police. Courage, not so much. Standing up against what we are doing to our schools and kids, yeah.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    I don't know what his school dress code is, but all the schools I've ever went to had a strict rule against wearing anything with firearms on it.
    Yeah I've seen lots of schools with similar rules, which is why I'm asking ... it kind of seems like the issue is being conflated into something it is not, but again I'm not familiar with the story so I don't to make too many assumptions.
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Its neither. Its standing up to a school administration that thinks that it is above its own rules.
    If the shirt had jesus on a cross. and the same situation happened, the country would be up in arms protecting him.

He was ARRESTED for not removing the shirt. Arrested. handcuffed by the police. Courage, not so much. Standing up against what we are doing to our schools and kids, yeah.
    I'm with Asher here, I think that schools are getting ridiculous with what they are telling kids they can and can't do these days. I'm not saying I think he should be allowed to wear a big gun shirt that's going to distract the entire class but I doubt anyone noticed his shirt until the teacher or school official called attention to it...

7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I think it takes both courage and stupidity to go in public with that haircut.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Public yes, in schools, no.
    But the situation here was that he was NOT violating the schools dress code. If they wanted to change the code, that is fine, but to punish him for something one teacher thought, in her mind, was inappropriate?
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yeah I've seen lots of schools with similar rules, which is why I'm asking ... it kind of seems like the issue is being conflated into something it is not, but again I'm not familiar with the story so I don't to make too many assumptions.
    His school policy was more vague saying "violent" shirts weren't allowed. Every school I went to said "no clothing depicting firearms, drugs, violence, or other illegal activity" were against the rules.

10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    I'm with Asher here, I think that schools are getting ridiculous with what they are telling kids they can and can't do these days. I'm not saying I think he should be allowed to wear a big gun shirt that's going to distract the entire class but I doubt anyone noticed his shirt until the teacher or school official called attention to it...
    for real.. and would that teacher had made any sort of stink if guns weren't at such the forefront politically right now?
    its WV, they live and breath guns...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast