Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: State's Rights. Where do you sit?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Perfect example why this is not so great, is that a State could ban all firearms, free speech, and free practice of religion.
    Free speech and religion and right to bear arms are amendments....

Guess I should have been more specific. The constitution and all of its amendments should be responsibility of the fed. gov.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pftube View Post
    Free speech and religion and right to bear arms are amendments....

Guess I should have been more specific. The constitution and all of its amendments should be responsibility of the fed. gov.
    Right. Now read them. They are specific. CONGRESS shall not...
    regulating guns and religion are rights reserved to the States, not the People. The states have the absolute right to regulate them. That is usually done either through the states' own constitutions or statutes, or that pesky 14th amendment.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If a state did ban religion free speech etc. though, SCOTUS would come into play. There's already precedent for a lot of those cases anyway.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    If a state did ban religion free speech etc. though, SCOTUS would come into play. There's already precedent for a lot of those cases anyway.
    Yup but not under the limited federal government proposed abo e
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Strong States' rights, except where they are wrong.
    And federal regulation and oversight of businesses and industry should be federal.

But...I also believe that with states rights come states responsibilities, which means don't come to Uncle Sam for handouts if you can't balance your budget or spend only what you can bring in from your own residents and businesses. Too many rich states supporting poor states, while those poor states ask the Feds for money for education, roads, etc.
    YES!!!
  6. Senior Member

I live in Maryland. Eff state's rights. It's a frickin communist country of its own here and I wish the federal government would intervene a little bit to keep Martin O'Malley from taking away all of our rights and attempting to tax us even worse than he already has raised the darn taxes.
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yup but not under the limited federal government proposed abo e
    Oh right I get it, don't know how I missed that
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345