Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating

1. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    For me personally it isn't about the number of times or the emotions or lack thereof - infidelity is infidelity and I would want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
    I am 100% sure that any STD's or other risks he exposed me are not going to care if he had feelings and did it more than once or not.
    Signature removed due to size.
  2. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    For me personally it isn't about the number of times or the emotions or lack thereof - infidelity is infidelity and I would want to know.
    This.

I don't care if it's a one time deal or ongoing affair, I'd want/need to know.
    Pax, Aeon
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Cheating is cheating whether there are feelings or not & I deserve to know.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    IDK honestly, I think if it was a one time slip up and it wasn't a relationship just sex that it may be easier to just not know. In some ways I feel like people tell their spouse about the infidelity in those situations to ease their feelings of guilt and now for the benefit of the spouse.

Now if it was an affair then I'd want to know and I don't know that it would be forgivable.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMrsG View Post
    IDK honestly, I think if it was a one time slip up and it wasn't a relationship just sex that it may be easier to just not know. In some ways I feel like people tell their spouse about the infidelity in those situations to ease their feelings of guilt and now for the benefit of the spouse.

Now if it was an affair then I'd want to know and I don't know that it would be forgivable.
    I can understand everyone's point and this one as well. For me, in my marriage, I don't think cheating would be an end all deal breaker. I would want to try and work it out with counseling and if then it couldn't be fixed it would be over. Of course I don't know what that would feel like but that is how I imagine I would approach the situation. So, hypothetically, if it were one time and were to never happen again I'm not sure i'd want to know.
  6. Senior Member
    I'd definitely wanna know.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
    I am 100% sure that any STD's or other risks he exposed me are not going to care if he had feelings and did it more than once or not.
    Fantastic point.
  8. Senior Member
    Ex Husband cheated on me for a long time, sometimes I wish I would have never found out. He would have just gave me the divorce I had asked for a year ealier.

If my DB cheats on me I just hope he walks, not tell me about. I don't think I could handle that. He knows that cheating is a deal breaker. As for STD's I would automatically go get tested.
    proudarmygrlfrnd and PinkyLee are my WIFEYS!
  9. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Honestly I have been thinking about my personal stance on cheating a lot lately. I think because of my curious nature I would want/ need to know something like that.

However, I can also see the other side where if it was a one time thing and the spouse can not feel guilty and not let it affect the relationship, it may do more harm than good to tell. I guess it depends on where we are in the relationship, if this person is in our lives, why it happened, etc.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast