Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf ($439 billion for 2007 defense budget)

1. Breezy
    Advertisements
    I mean really if we want to get technical with the money did those families that lost someone on 9/11 "deserve" all that money for loosing a loved one? Cause we had people living in poverty then too.
    That game can be played both ways.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I still dont think he's spending the money wisely. For eg you take the argument that the country needs to be protected. New strains of various agents that could be useful as bioterrorism weaponry are developed around the world every day. Yet Bush has ignored a call to investigate worldwide research into this. It's all well and good, giving the solders nice big shiny guns to play with, but what's the point if they all die from a new strain of TCDD?!
  3. Breezy
    He isn't perfect.
    No President that I know has ever been perfect. I think he is doing the right thing. They come up with new reasons every year throughout the year to spend extra money on. And like Rach said I am sure there are MANY things that WE as the PUBLIC do not know about. We don't know for sure that he isn't researching it! Just like until the leak we didn't know that they were "really" listening in on phone conversations.
  4. Breezy
    And he can't fix the world in one day or one year. So is he supposed to put a little here and a little there and then people BITCH cause he didn't do enough to fix the problem over night? I mean that is what it all boils down to right?
    People are bitching now at the programs and opportunities that are available, and a lot of those won't take the time to look for the assistance that is offered
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one - we'll both find out soon enough whether or not he's doing the right thing..
  6. Breezy
    yeah I guess so
    heading to bed
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    night night!
  8. Breezy
    Good Night
  9. Jennifer
    Breezy~I totally agree with you on the hurricane Katrina deal. I think handing out money to a bunch of people that didn't have money in the first place is wrong. I think they fucked that situation all up.

I also think giving the families of 9/11 millions of dollars is wrong. It's called life insurance if you don't have it then you should get it. I know my dh pays 27 bucks for 400,000 dollars of life insurance. Why should the family members of 9/11 get any more money then whatever life insurance they had.

I really wish our government would get it's head screwed on straight. They are handing out money left and right. I think they should supply our military with appropriate equipment to get through this godawful war.
  10. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Both of you have valid points and we do need to give our military new equipment, because we have to stay one step ahead of the enemy in order to protect the right to even fund a military in the first place.

One of the biggest problems our country has is that we are ALL lazy... and not in the sense that we sit around and don't do anything, but that there are more people who are unemployed by choice and just collect that check every month than most other countries... there are jobs available out there to be had, sometimes it takes some humility to work a job that doesn't seem "fair" or "cool" but they have to be done. People complain about NO and the NEED for the government to help out... the government has been helping MOST of the section of NO that was the most destroyed for YEARS... many of those people were on welfare and just chose not to have a job or do anything to better themselves. There were a lot of very hardworking people there that have been doing what they can to get by and even though it was a little the government did step in a help out... it may have been late but give credit for what was done rather than what didn't happen or wasn't done.

The media is playing our minds by just focusing on the negative. If we seriously look at all the good things the government has done and what the President and his wife have been able to accomplish then I think the way we look at things would be a bit different. Sure there are reasons to be concerned and there are days when I want to go up and just slap him in the face and say wake up... we're waiting on some domestic agenda to be set and followed through with here, but we're in the middle of a war. A few years ago the country was all gung ho on being a united force to get this thing done... it seems like a big wedge has been put in the middle of everyone because we shouldn't be there still... we are and we're going to have to deal with it... rather than bitching the entire time about how soon they need to come home it should be a matter of lets just get this over with and get them home safely not hastily. That's the big issue right now... get everybody out quick and lets wash our hands of this... there's no way that the US will ever be COMPLETELY out of Iraq... no way in hell... unless some crazy World Peace breaks out, which is highly unlikely. What we don't think about is the fact that we have military presence all over the world because of threats... why focus on one place when we have a whole world to look out for. There are so many threats on us right now and the budget seems fair considering what we have to prepare for. I'd personally rather be safe than sorry. We can intercept things and fight things with the right equipment. Our boys deserve at least that with the sacrifices they are making. It takes sacrifice both on the homefront and the battlefield to make it through a war. We all need to keep that in mind too. Yes this has lasted for far too long, but when has conflict ever been a snap of the finger to resolve. This is going to take time to heal if it ever does!

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes... this is something that sort of eats at me when I think about it. We are all quick to blame (myself included) rather than looking at the big picture and looking at how it could be fixed or changed. I just pray everyday that we keep focusing on that ultimate goal and that we'll get past all the hatred. That's ultimately what started this whole thing in the first place. That evil hatred!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast