Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf ($439 billion for 2007 defense budget)

1. Breezy
    Advertisements
    Oh and I may get jumped for this, BUT a lot of the reason NO etc.. is not rebuilding as quickly as some would like is because many of them didn't have ins etc....
    So is the gov supposed to just build them a new house? I personally don't think so. Yes we should help them out and we are but we shouldn't give them a free ride. JMO
    Maybe I feel this way cause there are so many here that are screwing people over when they didn't loose a thing.
    That pisses me off
    As for the money over there if it is to PROTECT our guys I am all for it cause again that is for OUR Country KWIM?
    Last edited by Breezy; 02-02-2006 at 11:23 PM.
  2. Breezy
    oh true they are politicians lol we aren't supposed to trust them lol
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I dont think so. I think the economy is going to take another blow because of the budget. He needs to focus more on domestic issues, but he also has the problem that the US has attracted a lot of attention through the war, and is now a huge target for any extremist group, or country that doesn't agree with its policies. Whilst the US thought it was doing the right thing by intervening, any country that doesn't operate in the way the US sees as 'right' now percieves itself as under threat - that includes Korea, China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia, and of course Iran. Those countries will do what they can to protect themselves from future attacks, and the US has to protect itself from possible attacks from them. I personally dont think Bush is going about this the right way - he's forgotten about bioterrorism for a start - but I can understand why there would be such a big budget for defence.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Zelda, in a sense that's what I meant. You just were able to explain it in a more educated way, lol. I'm not good w/ words

And I agree w/ the other stuff you wrote about.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    sorry - didn't mean to be supercilious!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No worries!
  7. Breezy
    I agree that he is planning on other countries cause I think it said the war on terror too right?
    I understand what you ladies are saying but I think when it comes to the guys coming home by foot or in a wooden box I would want the money to go towards them so that they have a better chance to come home on foot
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    I agree that he is planning on other countries cause I think it said the war on terror too right?
    I understand what you ladies are saying but I think when it comes to the guys coming home by foot or in a wooden box I would want the money to go towards them so that they have a better chance to come home on foot
    If you think of it in that way, isn't Bush effectively playing God? By giving the military a huge monitary boost to raise chances of them coming home on foot, he's sacrificing the people on the poverty line, for example. I'm not saying he shouldn't spend any money on defence, I just think the money isn't being distributed as wisely as it could be.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Again Zelda, you spoke for me

That's what I was thinking too...Of course though we would not want those men to die...but, what about the ones that are dying here or suffering?
  10. Breezy
    No not really because the military always gets a big amount.
    I don't think he is sacraficing the ones in poverty etc... Because there are LOTS of programs out there but some people don't take up those services or some realize with some of these services that they make more than they would if they work and "choose" not to.
    As for that my sister is well below the poverty line and they get by. We ourselves have been below it but I NEVER blamed the gov. for that.
    Yes natural disasters can't be planned for but everyone should have a backup plan etc...
    The war on terror is going to get worse and everyone knows it. So what we sit on the money and wait for them to attack us again and then give those families billions of dollars because they lost a loved one?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast