Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Wow Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

Advertisements
    Okay going into debates because of the obviously heated subject along with the controversial 'solution'. PART of me agrees with this Senator in that these execs need to take personal responsibility for the parts that they've played in this fiasco. They should have REFUSED their bonuses. Greedy morons.

IOWA CITY, Iowa Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley suggested that AIG executives should take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the insurance giant by resigning or killing themselves.

The Republican lawmaker's harsh comments came during an interview with Cedar Rapids, Iowa, radio station WMT on Monday. They echo remarks he has made in the past about corporate executives and public apologies, but went further in suggesting suicide.

"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

"And in the case of the Japanese, they usually commit suicide before they make any apology."

Grassley spokesman Casey Mills said the senator isn't calling for AIG executives to kill themselves, but said those who accept tax dollars and spend them on travel and bonuses do so irresponsibly.

"Senator Grassley has said for some time now that generally speaking, executives who make a mess of their companies should apologize, as Japanese executives do," Mills said. "He says the Japanese might even go so far as to commit suicide but he doesn't want U.S. executives to do that."

The senator's remarks added to a chorus of public outrage over the disclosure that AIG intends to pay its executives $165 million in bonuses after taking billions in federal bailout money. President Barack Obama lambasted the insurance giant for "recklessness and greed" on Monday and pledged to try to block payment of the bonuses.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090317/...E2mnP.YH1vzwcF
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sounds like someone was a little angry.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure he doesn't want them to kill themselves. But yea instead of bail outs the execs and etc. should be resigning and apologizing.
    And in this case resigning and apologizing for fucking up.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I cant say that I disagree with his line of thinking.
  6. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

I endorse his plan wholeheartedly

The suicide MAY be overdoing it though, I would be happy if they publicly resigned and gave a (large) portion of the salary they haven't earned back.
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    I'm sure he doesn't want them to kill themselves. But yea instead of bail outs the execs and etc. should be resigning and apologizing.
    And in this case resigning and apologizing for fucking up.
    I would hope he would not want them to kill themselves. I agree with everything you said.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm fine with the public suicide. We could do it gladiator style, give each of them a weapon and put it on PPV. We'd make millions on that alone. Then we could buy our way out of this debt problem. Hell, put in all the ppl like that.. the guys in charge of the big 3 auto who refused to sell their individual company jets but wanted billions to bail out. Most of Fannie May and Freddie mac... etc.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelrfn View Post
    I endorse his plan wholeheartedly

The suicide MAY be overdoing it though, I would be happy if they publicly resigned and gave a (large) portion of the salary they haven't earned back.
    Yeah.

I thought it was cruel but funny. Does that make me a bitch? Probably.
  10. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta's Medic View Post
    I'm fine with the public suicide. We could do it gladiator style, give each of them a weapon and put it on PPV. We'd make millions on that alone. Then we could buy our way out of this debt problem. Hell, put in all the ppl like that.. the guys in charge of the big 3 auto who refused to sell their individual company jets but wanted billions to bail out. Most of Fannie May and Freddie mac... etc.
    I like this idea...
    We could throw in a bunch of death row inmates while we're at it, and maybe some dirty politicians just to pump up the ratings
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast