Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love

1. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Love

Advertisements
    Do you think people throw the term around too loosely?

How long before you and your SO said "I love you?"

What is your definition of love?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Ha...I WAS guilty of throwing the I love you phrase around too loosely in my teenage years! LOL.
    With DH...I waited 6...count them...6 months before I told him I loved him!!!! Because of my past experiences with saying it so fast! And not so much meaning it so much as loving the fact that I was NOT ALONE! It took me until my early 20's to figure out what real love was.
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I used the term with DB rather soon, like after a month or so. DB however didn't say he loved me until 4 months into our relationship...

He is my first DB and I just plunged into the unknown and felt what I felt. He has had many girls before me and was more considerate and cautious.

In our relationship we tell each other all the time we love eachother. Outside our relationship I hardly ever use the word. Except with my mom and sister.

Love means to me the unconditional feeling of belonging together.
  4. Senior Member
    yes I do, not very long at all, and you can't define love. Love is an abstract concept. Trying to define it limits it. You can't define Freedom, or Hope, or any abstract thing. Words are used to define logical things, they're used to make correlations between concepts in your mind. Things like "one" and "goose."

The only language that can define feelings and so on is art.
  5. Senior Member
    I know some people do. DH and I said I love you about a month into our relationship. However, neither one of us were serial relationship people. We dated and both had previous serious relationships where the L word was not said.

6. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

Alot of people certainly do, they claim to fall in and out of love on a nearly daily basis.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelrfn View Post
    Alot of people certainly do, they claim to fall in and out of love on a nearly daily basis.
    It seems that a good amount of people are in love with one person one week, and in love with another the next. Maybe my definition of being in love is just different than theirs, but I think I have only been in love once, MAYBE twice. One is my husband, and the other is my ex boyfriend who I dated 3.5 years. Personally, I take saying "I love you" very seriously. I feel that once it is said in a relationship, the relationship reaches a new level of commitment. JMO.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If someone hasn't felt anything like what they have at that moment, someone can imagine themselves being in love. I thought I was in love many times before I actually fell in love with db and realized what love truly was.

I sometimes wished there was a word in between like and love. it would have come in handy as a kid
  9. Stopped chasing rainbows.
    Stopped chasing rainbows.
    I think some people do throw the term around loosely. My SO and I said I love you on the second day. Only because we have had feelings for each other since high school. I loved him then, and it is no different now. I'm not sure if words could define love. To me it is undefined. Everyone sees and feels love differently.
    "We loved with a love that was more than love." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

10. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

Everyone wants to be in love, therefore they "love" everyone they are in a relationship with.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast