Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was the father totally wrong here>

1. Senior Member

Was the father totally wrong here>

Advertisements
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee. View Post
    Answer the question dammit!

It was like 2 seconds from the kick to the punch.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    No, that wasn't right - what good did that do?
    Reacting to a wrong with another wrong doesn't make it right - it's not like multiplying negative intergers, here, and coming up with a possitive.

I understand him being upset, though, I truely do - and right/wrong...I might have done the same. . . but still doesn't make it "ok"
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    Answer the question dammit!

It was like 2 seconds from the kick to the punch.
    I was just shocked. But had I not known that the boy was mentally disabled, I would have punched him too.
  6. I'm his superwoman
    I'm his superwoman

Hell NO!!! (he wasn't totally wrong)

A parent's IMMEDIATE reaction to someone hurting their child can and will result in cat like reflexes.

He probably didn't have time to notice the kid was mentally ill, all he probably saw was some grown ass kid kicking his little son for NO REASON!!!!!!

I dont' know what I would do in that situation, but I know that I would see red if someone hurt my children.

Would the scenario be different if it was NOT a mentally ill child? Do people think the dad was wrong because he was mentally ill?

When your child is in danger your basic instincts kick in and you react in the most basic ways. DH would have TOTALLY have done the same thing if our kids were in that situation.
    Siggy is no more
  7. Senior Member
    I think it's neither right nor wrong. If I had a kid and I saw some grown person just run up and kick my kid, I would immediately think to defend my child as well.

I personally thing the real thing that is wrong is that videos like this get posted on youtube.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sorry I don't think I would have even NOTCIED if the person was mentally ill had a grown man just junk kicked my child for no reason. Yes it would be wrong of me but I am sorry I can't lie and say my first reaction would not of been to attack the person that had just hurt my child. I would like to think though that my first step would of been to see that my child was ok.

ETA: I think the reason I would of attacked would of been to prevent futher attack on my child. I would want the person that had kicked my child for no reason to focus on me instead.

I don't think it was "ok" I just can understand why it happened.
  9. Senior Member
    in that kinda situation i probably would have done the same thing cause i don't know if i would be able to think right seeing someone do that to my son i would flip out. but after the fact i woud have wished i would have handled the situation better..

it probaly didn't even dong on the father that the guy had a mental disability until after the fact cause of how he backed off and was like wow wait a minute...
  10. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, however wrong it might be, I wouldn't be able to control my anger... I didn't spend a year taking anger-management classes for nothing.
    If anyone did that to my kid they might not live through the merciless beating I'd give - sad truth, right there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast