Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyber bullying?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Cyber bullying?

Advertisements
    What do you think about Cyber bullying? Do you think that it really exist? Do you think that the person being bullied should just turn off the computer or that it goes futher than that?
    What do you think?
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    It exists. I had a girl from HS constantly IM me nasty things. I would cry. My dad said "block her or delete whatever she's contacting you with". I certainly say just ignore it. Unless there are threats or someone is saying they're watching you...then I don't know what should be done...but SOMETHING..

3. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    What do you think about Cyber bullying? I think it definitely exists.
    Do you think that it really exist? see above
    Do you think that the person being bullied should just turn off the computer or that it goes futher than that? I think in the beginning one can do that, but if it continues to the point where turning off the computer no longer helps, then it's a serious problem.
    What do you think? It's out there.

(last response was a joke. but I mean it too)

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it exists. I think the bullied one can turn off the computer. More often than not, the bullying is not an isolated incident.Bullying is bullying, be it in person or over the computer.
    I think there is this knee jerk reaction to make cyber bullying a special crime. I think schools need to stay out of it if it doesn't happen in schools.
    Bullying has been going on for ever. Its not going to stop. That doesn't make it alright. It just makes it something that no has ever learned to stop.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    One word - the BR.

Maybe that's two.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Its a serious problem that schools need to start addressing. I was bullied and teased severely in middle school, and while I got bullied on IM, it was bad but thank god we didn't have myspace or facebook back then. I can only imagine how cruel kids can be to each other and the impact such a thing can have on an adolescent. It isn't right and I do believe parents and schools need to step up and address the issue.
  7. Senior Member
    It exists. It even exists on this site. I've seen it on myspace also. It should be taken seriously, imo.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    While I know that there are certainly cases where Cyber Bullying is a huge problem, the experiences that I've had with it were that both sides perpetuated and instigated the issue, and would go home and paint the picture to mom and dad. An old friend of mine was involved in an online scuffle with a girl in 9th grade, and would tell her mother about it and make it seem like she was innocent. Instead of retaliating online, the girl would go and egg the other one's house.

I think in a lot of cases, both sides are to blame.... If it goes on long enough, there is probably words flying on both ends. Ignoring it usually stops it, but if you react to it, it'll keep going.
  9. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mixpix45 View Post
    Its a serious problem that schools need to start addressing. I was bullied and teased severely in middle school, and while I got bullied on IM, it was bad but thank god we didn't have myspace or facebook back then. I can only imagine how cruel kids can be to each other and the impact such a thing can have on an adolescent. It isn't right and I do believe parents and schools need to step up and address the issue.
    While I agree with the majority of your post, I don't believe that it's the school's responsibilities to handle cyber bullying because of the fact that, I know in the school district where I live, as soon as the student is home, the school is no longer responsible for that student.

However, I believe that if there was a subdivision of the Police Station that dealt with online bullying, etc, that would be really helpful.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    One word - the BR.

Maybe that's two.
    I wouldn't say thats a good example. I think true cyber bullying has one innocent victim. When shit goes down in the BR, the OP post an issue about someone who's either made a complete asshat of themselves by either personally attacking, or making extremely rude, offensive comments towards a group of people.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast