Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: children-knowledge about the foods they eat..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

children-knowledge about the foods they eat..

Advertisements
    How knowledgable are your children about the foods they eat?
    Do they know how it was made?
    What happens once it enters the body?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    MY children know where food comes from and what good foods are and what bad foods are. THey know what happens in the human body and why certain foods are better. Honestly for us that knowledge has encouraged them to be better eaters. They understand what bad foods can do etc. They also understand moderation.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Bailey knows nothing......lol She eats, she poops.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    MY children know where food comes from and what good foods are and what bad foods are. THey know what happens in the human body and why certain foods are better. Honestly for us that knowledge has encouraged them to be better eaters. They understand what bad foods can do etc. They also understand moderation.
    this is how we'll handle it when dd gets older. we tell her she has to eat her veggies so she'll be nice and strong and healthy but that's as far as we go right now. we try to do healthy options but our snacking habits are poor
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never learned much about nutrition as a kid, other than "fruit and veggies are good for you!"

I went to a dietician for the first time in my entire life in January.... I could not believe how much I learned that I'd never known.

DB and I definitely plan on taking the time to educate our kiddos about healthy eating

Thankfully he's better at it than I am
  6. X
    X
    Right now all Z knows is that candy & juice are "ew gross"
  7. Bishes be crazay.
    Bishes be crazay.
    Charlotte's on the same page as Bailey right now. We're giving her lots of healthy foods and let her try all sorts of things so she grows to love a nice variety.

8. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    How knowledgable are your children about the foods they eat?
    Do they know how it was made?
    What happens once it enters the body?
    Oh yeah - my kids know all about how a cow becomes a burger and how a head of lettuce becomes a salad ... and how it all comes in and goes out

kids are so curious - when they ask I just explain it in as few words as possible and we don't have to relive the questions just because they're curious.

And sometimes I think they wish they hadn't asked ... like when my daughter asked "how do they farm deer..." (they farm cows and sheep around here but she's never seen a deer farm ) Well - hunting isn't a bad subject, in my opinion, and there you have it curiosity satisfied, facts presented and a child is now horrified for life
  9. Senior Member
    Aleksander is almost 7 and he is very aware of food and what foods are healthier than others.
    He still likes a lot of the junk type foods and candy, but he understands that those are things we have rarely because it's not very healthy.
    he knows about the food pyramid and he will point out fats and things like that.

He also knows where the food comes from (like farms and from what animals). He also knows what happens when he eats food and where it goes in his body and where it comes out.
    He has a book about the human body and how things work, so he is pretty aware of intestines and things like that.