Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Including people who don't "belong."

1. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Including people who don't "belong."

Advertisements
    I don't really know how I feel about this, so I just wanted to see others opinions.

So, for example... there is a group of people connected through something they have in common.

Lets say someone wants to join... even though they don't share that common bond with the rest. What is your opinion on that? Do you include them for the sake of not hurting their feelings? Do you tell them no?

What is your opinion on someone staying on the board after them and their SO break up? What if it was only a short relationship and they didn't have very much time on the board?

Just curious about what everyone thinks.
  2. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    I think it would be more damaging to the other person if they don't share a common interest with the rest of the group, it would make them feel like more of an outsider. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I would feel
    However, if someone has a deep rooted connection and wants to stay around even after them and their SO break up, that's completely fine! The board is a great place for effective healing and support!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hrmm... it kinda depends on the situation... someone wanting to stay after they break up... sure, we cover alot more then just military support on here...
  4. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Hrmm... it kinda depends on the situation... someone wanting to stay after they break up... sure, we cover alot more then just military support on here...
    So what if someone wanted to join without being a military SO/family member/friend?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    So what if someone wanted to join without being a military SO/family member/friend?
    I honesty don't think it matters. Btw I think this thead is kind of mean or maybe my feelers are just extra sensitive today. Basically implying that because you break up with your SO you no longer belong here.
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I don't think that would be right.
  7. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    I honesty don't think it matters. Btw I think this thead is kind of mean or maybe my feelers are just extra sensitive today. Basically implying that because you break up with your SO you no longer belong here.
    I'm just asking peoples opinions on it, it was never my intention to be mean.

Like I said in the OP, I don't really have an opinion on it.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

again... we cover a lot more then just military issues on here, while it may be the one thing that most of us have in common, its not the only thing and I wouldn't tell anyone they couldn't join if they were connected with the military
  9. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    I think people should stay regardless.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't really know how I feel about this, so I just wanted to see others opinions.

So, for example... there is a group of people connected through something they have in common.

Lets say someone wants to join... even though they don't share that common bond with the rest. What is your opinion on that? I guess I figure that they want to be part of us for a reason and they'll either fit or they won't. I try to invite them in.

Do you include them for the sake of not hurting their feelings? That, and maybe they have something to add, too. If they turn out to be a not-so-good fit, they'll leave on their own.

Do you tell them no? No, I don't think I ever have.

What is your opinion on someone staying on the board after them and their SO break up? Doesn't bother me; they've probably made some good friends here.

What if it was only a short relationship and they didn't have very much time on the board? Again, doesn't bother me. Most likely, that would be one of the people I didn't/won't get involved with anyhow. We do have our share of tag-chasers here, and I pretty much ignore them.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast