Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Cursing in front of children

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Shock Cursing in front of children

Advertisements
    I was at a party this weekend (for grownups we're talking lots of alcohol and raunchy board games). However some of those attending decided to take their young children.

Well during one of the games one of the concerned mothers asked DH and other participants to not curse in front of her children. By some stroke of luck DH managed to not go into a cursing tirade over the request. However I was offended. I have plenty of friends/family that have children that age. We curse in front of the children. No harm no foul. The children know what they are allowed or not allowed to say (in front of parents).

Once again, this was in an adult setting, if this was a 5 year-olds birthday party it would be a given that cursing should be kept to a minimum.

Do you believe that it is or that it is not ok to curse in front of children ?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think it's necessarily proper to curse in front of children, but I also don't think children should be in attendance at an adult party, kwim?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I personally don't believe its ok, I wont curse (well try very hard not to) in front of my kids and I would hope others would respect my choice as well when around my kids in my home or something like that... of course if im at a friends house and they curse, well its not my house so i dont make those rules

but for some families its not an issue, and its not my place to judge how someone else raises their kids. The kids in the families I know who curse in front of them know that they don't repeat those words...
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I think the concerned parent shouldn't even have brought the kids to an adult-thing where kids weren't specifically invited or accomodated for
    That's what I think

When I took my kids to Monster Jam at an arena - the Airshow at he Airforce Base and so on because it was for ADULTS I expected to find: poorly clad-women ... cursing ... beer.

And sure enough - OMG! It was all there

I suppose pure annoyance is what I got when I went to my ex's house one time with the kids and requested that they change the channel 'cause i didn't want my kids to see the Simpsons.
    Well, he wasn't my ex at the time
  5. Senior Member
    If you swear in front of my kids I'd ask you to stop or ask you to leave. It doesn't matter what kind of setting it's in, swearing around small children is totally classless and gross.

But it's also unacceptable to bring small kids to an adult party... Sounds like the hostess kinda dropped the ball.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    If you swear in front of my kids I'd ask you to stop or ask you to leave. It doesn't matter what kind of setting it's in, swearing around small children is totally classless and gross.

But it's also unacceptable to bring small kids to an adult party... Sounds like the hostess kinda dropped the ball.
    perfectly said
  7. Im crazy, the good kind
    Im crazy, the good kind
    I would never curse in front of children and would expect others to do the same regardless of where you are and who you're with...
  8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katiedelta3 View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily proper to curse in front of children, but I also don't think children should be in attendance at an adult party, kwim?
    I agree with you a child should not attend an adult party.

Childrens minds are like spounges and will pick of things in a min, so if a parent does not want them around words like that they should just not bring them around partys like that. But sooner or later they are going to hear those words and even say them themselves.
  9. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

there aint NO curse word or phrase that my kid's haven't heard ... I've got the foulest mouth ... but I dont' cuss aruond other people! never Especially if they have kids.
  10. Mama of 2 beautiful boys!
    Mama of 2 beautiful boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post

I'm not going to say I've never swore in front of DS, but I didn't do it intentionally. I don't think that it's appropriate to do it and be aware of yourself doing it while children are around.

However, I do agree that she probably should not have brought her children to an adult party like that.
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast