Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Cursing in front of children

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Absolutely NOT ok. A slip up here and there is a slip up but other then that DH had a really good friend who would curse in front of his kids. Well of course when that little boy made full sentences it was
    Fuck this Fuck that your a bitch

It was AWFUL! What bothered me even more was they thought it was funny and this is something I have noticed. Parents that swear and then their kids do it tend to think its funny.
  2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    If you swear in front of my kids I'd ask you to stop or ask you to leave. It doesn't matter what kind of setting it's in, swearing around small children is totally classless and gross.

But it's also unacceptable to bring small kids to an adult party... Sounds like the hostess kinda dropped the ball.
    My mother n law is the same way. DH seems like he has to say the F word in every sentence his mom made him leave her house, because she has a 4 year old son that says everything he says.

There is a big age difference between my brother n law and my DH

Im trying to get him to stop saying the F word before our son arrives...I keep telling him I don't want that to be our sons first word.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    First yes I swear in front of the kids. I'm not classless nor gross but yea...
    It just slips out. I try DAMN hard not to. But it just comes out sometimes.

Anyway she shouldn't have brought her kids to an adult party. You bring your kids you better be prepared for them to hear things they shouldn't.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    Absolutely NOT ok. A slip up here and there is a slip up but other then that DH had a really good friend who would curse in front of his kids. Well of course when that little boy made full sentences it was
    Fuck this Fuck that your a bitch

It was AWFUL! What bothered me even more was they thought it was funny and this is something I have noticed. Parents that swear and then their kids do it tend to think its funny.
    Nope my kids don't swear. Zach has stubbed his toe and shouted damnit. But it's not an everyday or even every month occurence. And no I didn't laugh and yes I scolded him.
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by katiedelta3 View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily proper to curse in front of children, but I also don't think children should be in attendance at an adult party, kwim?

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is it so difficult to just not swear though? Its just self control I guess people that swear in front of their kids just see it as ok. See them as just words and not meanings?
  7. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    i dont think its exactly the best thing to curse in front of them, i mean cursing is not really socially polite for anyone. if it wasnt for the social non-acceptance of cursing i wouldnt care but b/c of that its teaching them its ok and that its cool. which it is not. not saying i would never curse in front of them or make other ppl stop cursing but i would also not bring them to a party like that without expecting that.

[/url]
  8. Senior Member
    Absolutely NOT ok. A slip up here and there is a slip up but other then that
    Everybody has slip ups and accidents. EVERYBODY... Man, my husband calls me on slip ups so fast, he hates it when he hears me swear..

I don't like it when adults curse around ME in social settings.. Gawd, we have this one friend, he makes my ears bleed..

It speaks volumes about a person's education and their upbringing.. Not to mention their culture and refinement. It shows that a person has little self control, and that they aren't capable of clearly expressing themselves.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    And I think the debate could go a different way as well. I believe there is a difference between damn, crap, and fuck, shit, bitch.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is it so difficult to just not swear though? Its just self control I guess people that swear in front of their kids just see it as ok. See them as just words and not meanings?
    I don't see it as ok. I slip up. I've always been a cusser and I'm alot better then I was. I'm not going to sit here and feel like a bad parent just b/c I say cuss words. I'm just not.

Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Everybody has slip ups and accidents. EVERYBODY... Man, my husband calls me on slip ups so fast, he hates it when he hears me swear..

I don't like it when adults curse around ME in social settings.. Gawd, we have this one friend, he makes my ears bleed..

It speaks volumes about a person's education and their upbringing.. Not to mention their culture and refinement. It shows that a person has little self control, and that they aren't capable of clearly expressing themselves.
    Noted.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast