Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gay rights & adoption spin off

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

gay rights & adoption spin off

Advertisements
    considering all the hoops you must jump through to adopt (financially, health wise -int'l adoption, home life wise, etc), should more be done to insure a newborn's bioparents are as fit to care for their own child as adoptive parents are fit to care for their adopted child?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes. If it's done to Octomom's kids, it should be done to all single mom's kids. If it happens to adoptive parents, it should happen to all parents.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sigh.... in a perfect world.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bee. View Post
    Yes. If it's done to Octomom's kids, it should be done to all single mom's kids. If it happens to adoptive parents, it should happen to all parents.
    i'm not just talking single parents...i'm talking any woman who has a bio child gets investigated before she leaves the hospital....single, married, engaged, dating, gay, straight...& her partner, if she has one.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i'm not just talking single parents...i'm talking any woman who has a bio child gets investigated before she leaves the hospital....single, married, engaged, dating, gay, straight...
    Yes.
  6. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    In a perfect world maybe. But who is going to set the standard. And it would be a hell of a lengthy process.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

In an ideal world, sure. In this world? nah. I have no clue where all the extra manpower and $ would even come from, not to mention extra homes for all the children whose parents were deemed unfit.
  8. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    In an ideal world, sure. In this world? nah. I have no clue where all the extra manpower and $ would even come from, not to mention extra homes for all the children whose parents were deemed unfit.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devilwhiterose View Post
    In a perfect world maybe. But who is going to set the standard. And it would be a hell of a lengthy process.
    national in one fell swoop or state by state, like in a state adoption. it could be completed during the prenatal care process or if you don't have prenatal care, your baby would be held in the hosp til you get checked out. perhaps a prenatal care incentive?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No everyone has the right to biologically reproduce if they have the ability to do so.

Where would the line be drawn? I have bipolar it is considered one of the "bad" mental illnesses so should the government be able to say I can not have children? Or to put me on a watch list forcing me to jump through daily, weekly, monthl hoops while "healthy" parents can walk around cart blanche? I don't think so thats not MY idea of a perfect world what so ever, more like an Orwellian world.

ETA: so what happens to the children if their parents are deemed unworthy while the mother is pregnant? Do they abort the ones 4 months and below, the ones beyond that go directly to foster care at birth? What if a married couple has the mother unfit and the father fit do they force them to divorce so that the mother has no contact with her child?

How do they determine fit? Amount of money in savings, type of job the parents have, genetic testing, mental and physical testing, BMI, health risk's, etc?

ETA 2: what happens in the case of death/divorce and remarriage/dating? dopes each date need to be checked for fitness? Can you only date those approved by the government as fit parents?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast