Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much banning is to much?

1. Senior Member

How much banning is to much?

Advertisements
    This is the buzz on the local news around here.

http://www.kgwn.tv/story.aspx?ID=1763&Cat=2

They are trying to ban not only cell phone usage while driving in Cheyenne city limits but using GPS systems, eating even simply taking a drink. They haven't mentioned smoking, changing the radio or dealing with children. I'm wondering how far they will take this distracted driver thing. What if I sneeze and need a tissue? What if my baby is in the back seat screaming her head off?

What do you think about this? How much banning is to much?
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I think the GPS is a bit much, once it's set, you don't have to do anything other than LISTEN to it. Taking a drink is not enough of a distraction to me either..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Senior Member
    Why would they ban GPS systems? I guess it's better to have people driving with maps all up in their faces than a machine telling them to turn left on such and such a road. Cell phones I understand, but drinking...well maybe.

IDK I think that the more we advance technologically as a society the more they want us to stop using. But we also "multitask" way too much in our vehicles.
  4. Senior Member
    I would rather someone have a GPS then trying to read directions. They are getting rediculous
    "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I think it's a little insane. Also how are they supposed to reinforce that? I mean are there to be no drinks or food in the car?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i think thats redonkulous... a GPS system? Really? Once you set it (which you are supposed to do before you are moving, if they want to ticket people messing with it WHILE driving, thats another thing) you don't need to touch it

Taking a drink? Last time i checked rocking out to music and singing at the top of my lungs was more of a distraction then taking a sip of water...
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    In Cali, it's illegal to smoke with your kids in your car.

ETA:Not that I'm complaining, I don't smoke in my car or in my house even. We (when I'm not pregnant) are outside smokers)
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    I think it's a little insane. Also how are they supposed to reinforce that? I mean are there to be no drinks or food in the car?
    How they say its going to work is that it will be a secondary offense. So if you get pulled over for speeding and they see you have a drink in the cup holder you'll get two tickets. you get in an accident and they see you have GPS you get two tickets and so on.

I agree with banning the use of cell phones while driving but eating, drinking thats to much IMO.
  9. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    I think that things are getting banned because so many people nowadays lack common sense...

No, it's not ok to apply mascara in rush hour traffic while diddling with your gps and dropping breakfast crumbs in your lap.

It's not ok to read a book while driving (I've totally seen it!).

It's also not ok to cradle your phone on your shoulder while drinking a soda and driving.

Few people can multitask like this, many/majority cannot. I can understand where they're coming from although I don't agree with it at all. However, what else can you do until people start pulling their heads out of their asses and focus on the road ya know?
  10. Regular Member
    Revenue enhancer. Now they can hang more spy cameras up and send out more tickets for the infractions.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast