Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating while your SO is deployed

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Cheating while your SO is deployed

Advertisements
    Okay, so I've been thinking about this subject recently, and I just have to know. This is a spin off of a Dear SOS thread that I saw. Here's the scenario: A girl was basically on the verge of cheating on her deployed boyfriend, and based off of some of the replies that she got, it seemed to be more of a big deal b/c he was deployed. Basically here's my question, why is it worse if you cheat on a guy when he's deployed? I know this seems really obvious, but really, what is the difference? Is it b/c he's in a warzone or b/c he's gone? I mean if you think about, wouldn't the risk of cheating on him increase even more when he's away? ( You're alone, more vulnerable, lots more temptation, etc.) I mean personally, in my opinion, cheating is cheating, either way it's pretty effed up no matter whether your man is gone or not. But why is it that it seems like it's worst when the guy is deployed?

Again, I know this seems like a pretty dubious question, but I really want to know people's opinions about this.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well its worse because he's over their fighting for our country in firefights going through h*** and to me that is the worst betrayal
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I assume the response is that he's already in a highly stressful psychological situation, and putting him at risk for further distraction by cheating while he's away is terrible.

Personally, I agree with you. Cheating is cheating. It's just as bad however far apart you are, or if he's in the next room.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cheating is cheating. My feeling, if you feel the NEED to do it. Dont be a coward and do it while they are out of the country.
  5. Of all the things I am, 'sweet' is not one of them
    Of all the things I am, 'sweet' is not one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyJay View Post
    I assume the response is that he's already in a highly stressful psychological situation, and putting him at risk for further distraction by cheating while he's away is terrible.

Personally, I agree with you. Cheating is cheating. It's just as bad however far apart you are, or if he's in the next room.
    Thats the only reasons that I could think of to make it 'worse' Cheating is cheating is cheating and its ALL skanky and ALL deceitful. To me, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are fighting for our country or any of that. Don't get me wrong, I applaud what their doing over there, but it doesn't make them Gods.
    ing My Family With All That I Am
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=HollyJay;4604349]I assume the response is that he's already in a highly stressful psychological situation, and putting him at risk for further distraction by cheating while he's away is terrible.

Personally, I agree with you. Cheating is cheating. It's just as bad however far apart you are, or if he's in the next room.[/
    QUOTE]

Good point with the psychological aspect. And to respond to the bolded, that's how I feel. Regardless cheating is horrible no matter what the situation. I mean some people may even look at it like, "Okay why would you cheat if your man is in the next room?" (In a proverbial sense.)
  7. baller
    baller
    Because he's not here to defend himself, in a way.
    Like, if hes home, he can "keep an eye on you" you could say.
    But while hes away, it's like, he can't do anything about it...

kinda?
  8. Banned
    Banned
    It's not worse. Cheating is cheating.

ETA: In all honestly, it almost seems worse if he is home. I mean, if you can't be faithful when he's right there for you to see, touch, and feel...
  9. team jacob :)
    team jacob :)
    eh. to me it's worse when HE'S HOME because it's like, "wow, you really have no reason to cheat, dude. just LEAVE." there's really never an excuse but geeze, at least you can use the "oh i was vulnerable, oh i was lonely" excuse when they're gone. when they're around it's like, "yep, i'm just a whore, end of story."

it probably seems "worse" on sites like these because everyone's very defensive and proud of the military.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tawny View Post
    eh. to me it's worse when HE'S HOME because it's like, "wow, you really have no reason to cheat, dude. just LEAVE." there's really never an excuse but geeze, at least you can use the "oh i was vulnerable, oh i was lonely" excuse when they're gone. when they're around it's like, "yep, i'm just a whore, end of story."
    it probably seems "worse" on sites like these because everyone's very defensive and proud of the military.
    Lol,great point, and LMFAO at the bolded.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast