Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: illegal

1. Senior Member

illegal

Advertisements
    How many of you have downloaded music illegally, watched or own a bootleg movie, or even a copy of a cd. Does anyone own any knock off bags, earrings, etc?
    I know it's not right, but we all are guilty of it. Do you feel it's okay for somethings and not for others? When it comes to certain things you know you won't get caught for doing/buying does that sway your decision? If you could sell knock off D&B bags without anyone knowing they were knock offs, would you? Or even if you told people they were knock offs yet people still bought them, there is a chance of being sued, but would you take that risk for making the money? Or even the smallest things, like you get a channel on your TV that you didn't pay for because it's coming through from your neighbors or something, do you watch it anyway/keep it or do you call the TV company?

(The "Support the troops" bracelet thread made me think. However I am asking in general, not to defend the lady that posted. I know why everyone is so angry about that, just the frequent mentioning of, "But that's illegal" in the thread caught my eye.)

My point is we all do things/have done things that are illegal, but are somethings made into a bigger deal than others?

Do you think selling it is worse than owning it? (And in the example that you knew it wasn't the real deal when you bought it.) Explain.
    Last edited by bitz; 03-10-2009 at 03:15 PM.

2. Senior Member

I have downloaded music from Napster years ago but once RIAA started suing people I quit doing that, I would have been sued for sure with the amount of music I was sharing.
    We're in Korea so yes I have copied movies, a fake bag and other fake accessories. It's rampant here. You can get anything fake, you can even get very authentic looking fake bags because the shop owner will buy the real thing, take it apart and recreate it. I know "it's illegal" but overseas it's the way of life of the locals.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No, I won't do anything illegal just because 'I can get away with it". Legally it's wrong. Morally, it's wrong.
  4. nobody's girl :]
    nobody's girl :]
    i love limewire...
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i used to use limewire. now it doesn't work on my computer. and DB has sent me about 30 bootlegged movies from iraq.

i don't see the point in owning fake bags though. usually they're still like $50... why not just go get a cute no name brand with that money???

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I used Napster back in the day and I own bootleg movies from Korea and knock off purses. DH has bootleg video games and knock off shoes. Knock offs were the only way he could buy shoes in Korea (other than the PX which had a very small selection) since his feet are so big.

ETA: I also own knock off Tiffany.
  7. I would wait forever and a lifetime for you &amp;lt;3
    I would wait forever and a lifetime for you &amp;lt;3
    Blog Entries
    I think I've only bought like 4 CD's in my whole life. I loooove frostwire and limewire.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DH has so many bootleg movies from his time in Iraq. Like thousands. The way I see it, they all made it through customs. It was pretty much the only way to buy movies were he was.

As for knock off clothes, bags, ect. I don't see the point. They're usually still pricey. I don't really like designer things anyways... so paying $50 to pretend I have the real deal seems silly to me. I could do some damage at Target with $50!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm totally guilty of using limewire to download music. And I'm pretty sure I got sold a knock off purse and I was told it was real (freakin EBAY).

I also watch movies on websites that host them online. It actually makes me sad that I don't have the 11 dollars to see every movie I want in theater. Going to the theater to see a movie is way more exciting for me, if it was so freakin expensive I would hardly ever use those sites.
  10. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    DH has so many bootleg movies from his time in Iraq. Like thousands. The way I see it, they all made it through customs. It was pretty much the only way to buy movies were he was.

As for knock off clothes, bags, ect. I don't see the point. They're usually still pricey. I don't really like designer things anyways... so paying $50 to pretend I have the real deal seems silly to me. I could do some damage at Target with $50!
    DB was told he was allowed to own bootleg movies and bring them back to the US except there could only be one copy of each movie. no idea how they came to that reasoning though

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast