Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men.

1. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Question Men.

Advertisements
    In YOUR opinion, do you feel that when a man acts tough, or when women say "He would have kicked his ass!" that they believe acting tough makes them more of a "man" thus being more desirable?

What do you find desirable? A man who is "tough" or a man who solves conflict other ways? Which do you find more "manly?"

Just wondering.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I lived my entire life around macho, dictatorial men. It's not attractive in the slightest. That's why I like Mike. He's my partner.
  3. Senior Member
    I've seen my hubs use violence as a last resort.. I watched him break up a bar fight by tossing two gentlemen in opposite directions...

I didn't find it sexy at all, I thought it was the most hilarious thing I've seen in years. But just because the two "macho-men" took flight and got what they deserved for acting like jackasses in a bar..
  4. Senior Member
    Personally, I find the most desirable trait in a man to be his brain. The meat-head, I can kick anyone's ass, my penis is bigger than yours guys just don't do it for me. My husband is fit, tough, and strong, but without his brain, he wouldn't be half as attractive to me. Now, a guy who can make someone being a jerk feel like an asshole by saying something witty, or smart, gets me all kinds of excited.
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    In YOUR opinion, do you feel that when a man acts tough, or when women say "He would have kicked his ass!" that they believe acting tough makes them more of a "man" thus being more desirable?

What do you find desirable? A man who is "tough" or a man who solves conflict other ways? Which do you find more "manly?"

Just wondering.
    A man acting tough - wants to be seen as "strong" "macho" "capable" eventhough I purely consider it to be an act of barbarian douchery. . . Might as well be a Mecaque monkey standing to flash his enemy.

A woman who says "he would have kicked his ass!" is comparative to calling the man a fuckwad or a douchebag.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    Personally, I find the most desirable trait in a man to be his brain. The meat-head, I can kick anyone's ass, my penis is bigger than yours guys just don't do it for me. My husband is fit, tough, and strong, but without his brain, he wouldn't be half as attractive to me. Now, a guy who can make someone being a jerk feel like an asshole by saying something witty, or smart, gets me all kinds of excited.
    I completely agree with this.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

In YOUR opinion, do you feel that when a man acts tough, or when women say "He would have kicked his ass!" that they believe acting tough makes them more of a "man" thus being more desirable? I believe to some degree that some people believe that being violent or "macho" makes them more of a man... and I also think that to some degree it can be desirable because women generally like to feel protected... (generally, not everyone)

I believe a "tough" man is someone who finds other ways to solve conflict and uses violence as a last resort... It takes a lot more for someone to walk away from a stupid situation or try to work it out then it does to throw a punch
  8. Senior Member
    I do not think men who think they are bad asses and have to be "tough" for every situation are real men. They are dicks trying to hide that fact.

If a guy HAS to use violence (as a last resort or to protect their loved ones) that is different.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    My husband is freakin brilliant. He's smart, tender, a fantastic father, he's funny, he adores me, and with that brain of his he can reason his way out of virtually any conflict.

But on the off chance that the dimwit he's up against doesn't get it, my husband is 6"3" and has tree trunks for forearms, and will squarely kick any ass that feels the need to show itself unnecessarily.

He's never had to...... but he could, and he would.
  10. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    the brain is the erogenous zone

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast