Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: judging friends by the friends they keep..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

judging friends by the friends they keep..

Advertisements
    Do you judge your friends or people based on the friends that they keep?

I mean of course you will judge someone if they are friends with a career criminal with no intention of stopping. I don't mean anything extreme like that.

I mean if Friend A is Friend with B but B hates C and A and C are good friends.. would you judge Friend A b/c she is friends with C?
    (we are assuming here C is just someone you don't like. No real good reason you just don' tlike them)

Also..
    If you know person A is friends with person C (assuming here you are not friends with A ) would you NOT befriend A just b/c of C even if A has redeeming qualities his or herself?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nope. I may like person A but despise person B. But I wont not be friends with person A just because they are friends with person B. Seems childish to me.
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    if a friend of mine started keeping company with people i didn't care for and then began to take on behaviors of that unsavory (IMO) company- yes, i would (and have) distanced myself from that friend.

however, for just ppl not liking ea other: my bff from college had a friend from HS who was very important to her, but that girl didn't like me... so bff just didn't hang out with us together. plain and simple.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Banned
    Banned
    You know my answer

I don't have to like all the same people that all of my friends like. It's selfish and rude to expect my friends to not be friends with people I don't like.

Besides, if I only hang around completely like minded individuals, how will I ever learn anything? It's dumb.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm someone who has a large array of friends who would not be friends with one another because they are just too different. So, to judge them for having other friends would just be hypocritical.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

The only time I concern myself with who my friends are friends with is when it is obvious my friend is passing information about me into people I don't like or don't want to know. Then I stop considering them a friend. Otherwise, that is not an issue. I value all of my friends for different reasons, they all bring different things into my life, and I expect that they have their own friends for the same reasons.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    The only time I concern myself with who my friends are friends with is when it is obvious my friend is passing information about me into people I don't like or don't want to know. Then I stop considering them a friend. Otherwise, that is not an issue. I value all of my friends for different reasons, they all bring different things into my life, and I expect that they have their own friends for the same reasons.
    That's different tho. A friend who is willing to pass info to tarnish you isn't a friend in the first place.

I'm assuming here everyone that you LIKE person A, friend A. That they are a good person, good friend.
  8. surly curmudgeon
    surly curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Do you judge your friends or people based on the friends that they keep?

I mean of course you will judge someone if they are friends with a career criminal with no intention of stopping. I don't mean anything extreme like that.

I mean if Friend A is Friend with B but B hates C and A and C are good friends.. would you judge Friend A b/c she is friends with C?
    (we are assuming here C is just someone you don't like. No real good reason you just don' tlike them)

Also..
    If you know person A is friends with person C (assuming here you are not friends with A ) would you NOT befriend A just b/c of C even if A has redeeming qualities his or herself?
    UGH! That is one of the most irritating things in the world to me!

Hell, I actually made friends with someone because of a situation like that. I've got an online journal that's pretty much dedicated to my writing, especially fanfic. Mostly I don't pay attention to who adds me to their list, I just add them back so they can read stuff I've written.

Well, one of my friends went off on me, about how I had someone on my "friends list" who was a total bitch, had broken her best friend's heart, blah blah blah. I hadn't even known who that person was! They were on my list to read what I wrote! But, after that I started paying attention to her, and I found out she's a pretty awesome person with a lot of things in common with me.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary...
    When you can't run anymore, you crawl, and when you can't do that, well… Yeah, you know the rest.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TamChronin View Post
    UGH! That is one of the most irritating things in the world to me!

Hell, I actually made friends with someone because of a situation like that. I've got an online journal that's pretty much dedicated to my writing, especially fanfic. Mostly I don't pay attention to who adds me to their list, I just add them back so they can read stuff I've written.

Well, one of my friends went off on me, about how I had someone on my "friends list" who was a total bitch, had broken her best friend's heart, blah blah blah. I hadn't even known who that person was! They were on my list to read what I wrote! But, after that I started paying attention to her, and I found out she's a pretty awesome person with a lot of things in common with me.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary...
    Funny how that works isn't it...LOL
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    You know my answer

I don't have to like all the same people that all of my friends like. It's selfish and rude to expect my friends to not be friends with people I don't like.

Besides, if I only hang around completely like minded individuals, how will I ever learn anything? It's dumb.
    Totally agree with the bolded
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast