Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you think the most common reason for dying hair is from insecurity?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 7.48%
  • No

    59 55.14%
  • Never really thought about it

    40 37.38%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Just Curious

  1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #1

    Just Curious

    Advertisements
    I've heard this several times and was just curious as to what everyones view is on it:

    Do you feel people who dye their hair (that don't have gray hair ) are insecure with themselves and that's the reason they do it?




    IMO I think, yes, that could be possible for some people, but I don't always think it's main reason alotta people do it. Personally, I dye my hair, but not from insecurity, it's cause I get bored easy and like change


    So what are your thoughts?


  2. Senior Member
    *MarineBug*'s Avatar
    *MarineBug* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MCRD San Diego
    Posts
    17,277
    Blog Entries
    2
    #2
    I am sure that for some thats the reason. I don't think thats the reason for most though. I actually think its kinda funny that some would think that. I guess because I never would. I have never died my hair for that reason. I do it because I love the change, its fun, I just really enjoy it.
  3. Senior Member
    carmel11725's Avatar
    carmel11725 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,144
    #3
    i guess insecurity could be one of the MAAANNNY reasons people change their hair color. I, personally, do it becasue i think i look better with dark hair...im not insecure about my natural hair color at all, i just somply like it better dark
  4. Senior Member
    OneIllWife's Avatar
    OneIllWife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    4,381
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    I've heard this several times and was just curious as to what everyones view is on it:

    Do you feel people who dye their hair (that don't have gray hair ) are insecure with themselves and that's the reason they do it?




    IMO I think, yes, that could be possible for some people, but I don't always think it's main reason alotta people do it. Personally, I dye my hair, but not from insecurity, it's cause I get bored easy and like change


    So what are your thoughts?
    It is SO creepy how alike we are...

    I dye and cut my hair just based on boredom alone. Just when I'm like, oh...Shit...I need something different...hmm...lets go...SHORT...PURPLE...IDK...Just whatever. I feel fine about myself. It's just fun.
  5. Loving my soldier since '96
    MomWifeMe's Avatar
    MomWifeMe is offline
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,043
    #5
    I change my hair color with the season. I do it mainly to be trendy and/or different. I never thought of it as an insecurity.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  6. Banned
    Kaylin's Avatar
    Kaylin is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,500
    #6
    I don't dye my hair but I don't think that the people who do do it because they are insecure!
  7. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    shellbellwillis's Avatar
    shellbellwillis is offline
    I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Home in Texas for a few months
    Posts
    3,620
    #7
    I have never thought about that way. I just assumed its cause they didnt like their real hair color, or wanted to try something new
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
  8. Senior Member
    SenseOfHumor's Avatar
    SenseOfHumor is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    #8
    You need Andy home, ASAP, if you're thinking about these things.





  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    I am sure that for some thats the reason. I don't think thats the reason for most though. I actually think its kinda funny that some would think that. I guess because I never would. I have never died my hair for that reason. I do it because I love the change, its fun, I just really enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    i guess insecurity could be one of the MAAANNNY reasons people change their hair color. I, personally, do it becasue i think i look better with dark hair...im not insecure about my natural hair color at all, i just somply like it better dark
    I was j/w cause I actually had some ladies tell me at church recently that they're sorry I'm so insecure about myself. And I kinda looked at them and I'm like "Why would you say that." Their response: "Dying your hair is usually a sign of insecurity."



    Quote Originally Posted by OneIllWife View Post
    It is SO creepy how alike we are...

    I dye and cut my hair just based on boredom alone. Just when I'm like, oh...Shit...I need something different...hmm...lets go...SHORT...PURPLE...IDK...Just whatever. I feel fine about myself. It's just fun.
    I totally love you... quit me and getting my head




  10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey&Kyle View Post
    You need Andy home, ASAP, if you're thinking about these things.





    A lady at church told me I was insecure cause I dye my hair I was all




    (So does this mean you'll go steal andy and send him back to me now? )


Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •