Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Is the situation a matter of patience?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 4.55%
  • No

    21 95.45%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Patience x2 - is this a matter of patience?

  1. Account Closed
    kiwijus's Avatar
    kiwijus is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,007
    #1

    Patience x2 - is this a matter of patience?

    Advertisements
    "I was really patient when my daughter was born and it was a bad thing because I didn't react quick enough when my daughter was sick. We had to take her to the ER when she had a high temp. Scared the living crap out of me. At that time I vowed to be quicker

    If it wasn't for my wife, I don't know what would have happened"

    Is this a matter of being "too patient" or "not being intuitive/listening to your child"?

    I personally think this is a guy who didn't know the difference between a bored cry and a hurt/ needing cry, and who didn't think to check her forehead.

    You?
  2. Mom to Rebekah
    Miss.Maggie's Avatar
    Miss.Maggie is offline
    Mom to Rebekah
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of North America
    Posts
    16,420
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijus View Post
    "I was really patient when my daughter was born and it was a bad thing because I didn't react quick enough when my daughter was sick. We had to take her to the ER when she had a high temp. Scared the living crap out of me. At that time I vowed to be quicker

    If it wasn't for my wife, I don't know what would have happened"

    Is this a matter of being "too patient" or "not being intuitive/listening to your child"?

    I personally think this is a guy who didn't know the difference between a bored cry and a hurt/ needing cry, and who didn't think to check her forehead.

    You?
    once again since I do not have children, I believe it was the bolded.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  3. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    I agree with you kiwi... that doesn't sound like patience... with a baby who can only cry to tell you things, you have to exhaust all possibilities before deciding they are crying just to cry... I'd think a forehead check would be a possibility to be exhausted.

    Patience is not getting overly frustrated when your child is crying, no matter WHAT the reason... not ignoring what your baby is trying to tell you.
  4. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #4
    I think it was complete ignorance and complacency on his part.
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Whitla's Avatar
    Whitla is offline
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    25,558
    Blog Entries
    2
    #5
    i don't see the connection to having patience at all??

    last time i checked it's called parenting.




  6. Account Closed
    eelo's Avatar
    eelo is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    26,322
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Yeah, I don't think that's a question of 'patience,' I think that's more about reading the kid and a certain amount of awareness about basic health, signs and symptoms.
  7. Account Closed
    pinkandgreen's Avatar
    pinkandgreen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,196
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I think it was complete ignorance and complacency on his part.
  8. and still I think of you
    Daysgoby's Avatar
    Daysgoby is offline
    and still I think of you
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    I agree with you kiwi... that doesn't sound like patience... with a baby who can only cry to tell you things, you have to exhaust all possibilities before deciding they are crying just to cry... I'd think a forehead check would be a possibility to be exhausted.

    Patience is not getting overly frustrated when your child is crying, no matter WHAT the reason... not ignoring what your baby is trying to tell you.
    especially with the bolded.
  9. I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    AnAopps's Avatar
    AnAopps is offline
    I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    3,477
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    I agree with you kiwi... that doesn't sound like patience... with a baby who can only cry to tell you things, you have to exhaust all possibilities before deciding they are crying just to cry... I'd think a forehead check would be a possibility to be exhausted.

    Patience is not getting overly frustrated when your child is crying, no matter WHAT the reason... not ignoring what your baby is trying to tell you.
    exactly.
  10. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Aunt Sponge's Avatar
    Aunt Sponge is offline
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    10,428
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijus View Post
    "I was really patient when my daughter was born and it was a bad thing because I didn't react quick enough when my daughter was sick. We had to take her to the ER when she had a high temp. Scared the living crap out of me. At that time I vowed to be quicker

    If it wasn't for my wife, I don't know what would have happened"

    Is this a matter of being "too patient" or "not being intuitive/listening to your child"?

    I personally think this is a guy who didn't know the difference between a bored cry and a hurt/ needing cry, and who didn't think to check her forehead.

    You?

    Nope - none of the above.
    it's a matter of being a new parent and never having to care for your own child, before.
    So - "Live and learn"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •