Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: breastfeeding s/o--yes another one

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

breastfeeding s/o--yes another one

Advertisements
    how do you feel about nursing your infant in front of other kids/children? is it something that should be hidden or not?

my feelings: i will nurse any subsequent infants in front of dd without any sort of fear. i think it's a great way to make them aware that this is a normal situation

eta: in front of kids who aren't mine i would make sure the parent was okay with it first
  2. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Around the house, yeah.
    In public, no.

But I often didn't nurse "in" public - I usually sat in a changing room or my truck. Nursing was always messy and so it was embarassing.
  3. Senior Member
    My own children: they know that is how they were fed and that is how the baby is fed, no big deal at all.

Other people children, I am discreet but I still BF.
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I dont hide it even in front of kids. Never occured to me. My friends little boy asked why Bella was bitting me Most kids are just curious and I tell them this is how she gets her milk, she doesnt take bottles. It has not been a problem before. If it ever comes up, I will handle it then.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    My own children: they know that is how they were fed and that is how the baby is fed, no big deal at all.

Other people children, I am discreet but I still BF.
    yup that's my take too.
  6. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    how do you feel about nursing your infant in front of other kids/children? is it something that should be hidden or not?

my feelings: i will nurse any subsequent infants in front of dd without any sort of fear. i think it's a great way to make them aware that this is a normal situation

eta: in front of kids who aren't mine i would make sure the parent was okay with it first
    sorry, i know what you meant. but i had a selma moment picturing you nursing random infants.

i agree. i remember my aunt nursing in front of us and it was never a big deal.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post

with the bolded. I feed infront of my own kids all the time.

8. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    It's a normal, natural, part of life, why would I be made to feel ashamed by that in front of anyone, regardless of their age? It's not like with younger kids you have to explain the birds and the bees because you're nursing an infant.
  9. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I nusre in front of the kids. They are super supportive. More then I thought they would be. The times I wanted to give up they encouraged me more. The older ones asked in the beginning if they can fed her so I let them give her a bottle of BM once a week so they are part of it. They even know how to put my pump together, bag the milk, mark it and freeze it. Sy sits with us rubs her head and tells me she's eating milk.

With the boy I sit for, when he's here I just make sure my shirt isn't lifted to high heavens. His mom kniws I nurse and is fine with it.
  10. Senior Member
    My kids are older and we're working on modesty in our house. Things like not walking around naked and shutting the door when using the toilet. I thought it was something that eventually came naturally but so far it hasn't.

I'm not going to hide from them when I nurse but I'm probably not going to just flop out my boob either. When shes first born my parents will be here so that'll be encouragement enough cover up a little bit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast