Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religious? or Debate?

1. Senior Member

Question Religious? or Debate?

Advertisements
    Last edited by SAMSET; 05-05-2010 at 01:04 PM.
  2. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I ask the exact same questions. I have no answers, though.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I don't think about it. I don't feel it is necessary for me to know... what was the very beginning is something I don't think we'll EVER know and there really is no need to know beyond curing our curiosity. I kind of just let those sort of questions go... either I'll learn the answers someday or I won't... no skin off my back.
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Honestly - I don't believe humans are capable of figuring it out or understanding it at all. So we will just never know, and I'm fine with that.

everyone's versions and beliefs might be wrong somehow - an everyone's beliefs might be right! who knows.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    my mind can't wrap around it at all. It just can't do it. I've gotten to the point, I don't even try. I would just go batty.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    my mind can't wrap around it at all. It just can't do it. I've gotten to the point, I don't even try. I would just go batty.
    I am going batty!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ehhh, no one has those answers, Love. I believe completely in evolution, I don't believe in god, but I still have no scientific explanation for what happened. Even if someone attempted to explain it to me, I probably wouldn't get it
  8. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    I think about things like that all the time. I still have no answers but it is something
    I think about. Sometimes I like to make up my own random versions of how things
    "came to be"

but that is just me and I am weird
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
    If you don't believe in any God or Gods how do you think what is came about? Before earth before the sun...how did all of this happen???
    There is no way to know, religious or not. It it the great question that humans ask. Asking is what makes us human.
  10. Senior Member

Here are the two and a half explanations of how our objective universe was created.

Big Bang and Steady State (or my variation of Steady State, the slow fizzle).

The Big Bang theory states that all of the universe erupted from a single point in space, impossibly small and impossibly dense. Physicists have been able to model the exact nature of the universe approximately an attosecond after the bang (that's a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really, really, really short amount of time), all of the way up to about a billion years afterwards... then things get fuzzy, until the model comes up with what we have right now. In the first 9 seconds, approximately 80% of the elements that we have today were formed. The remaining 20% happened more slowly over the last 14 billion years, through the process of star formation, and fission from hydrogen into the heavier elements. All energy will eventually turn into matter as the universe continues to expand, eventually leading to the "Heat Death" of the universe. Time has a clear beginning and end.

As for what caused the big bang... there are theories which require 11th dimensional math to explain, but it can be summed up as really big 11th dimensional force waves collided. As far as what caused those 11th dimensional membranes to exist, or even start moving in the first place, we might as well ask who created God/The Gods.

The Steady State theory says that the universe is constantly recycling itself, and has always existed, time without end. Matter which falls into black holes escapes as Hawking Radiation, which eventually congeals into matter, then into hydrogen, then in stars, it fissions into the heavier elements which make up our planets, etc. All matter/energy is preserved, and while certain parts of the universe may go cold for a while, the universe as a whole will continue indefinitely.

My pet theory requires realizing that empty space is only empty on average... that space itself is a thing, and that matter and anti-matter is always randomly created in (from) space, then quickly snuffed out as the matter and anti-matter immediately touch again... The easiest analogy would be like ripples on a pond, where a bump is matter, and a depression is anti-matter... when a bump and a depression meets, "nothing" exists.

How this theory works is, every once in a while, the new matter and anti-matter doesn't exactly cancel each other out... instead of just a pop of existence followed by being extinguished, a little bit of matter and anti-matter leaks out of nothingness, to float around until the matter eventually meets some other anti-matter and the balance is restored. This new matter causes more unbalances, causing more matter and anti-matter to spin out, causing a very slow chain reaction which very slowly creates more and more matter... over hundreds of trillions of years... eventually getting faster and faster until you have the universe as it is today... And my pet theory helps to explain something which neither the Big Bang nor the Steady State theories can explain... Astronomers have observed that the rate of expansion of the universe is increasing... With the Steady State theory, we shouldn't notice any expansion... just the ebb and flow of galactic tides. With the Big Bang theory, the rate of expansion should be decreasing, or at least staying the same... With my Slow Fizzle, an increased rate of expansion is expected, because the unbalance gets greater and greater as time goes on. Also, under my theory, the first 80% of the matter would be made in the first hundreds of trillions of years, and as expansion/unbalance gets greater, the last 20% would be made in the last 14 billion years.

Now, two of these theories have a creation point... What caused the creation? Well, an unbalance of some sort... What caused the unbalance? Another unbalance of some sort... There was always an unbalance somewhere which eventually led to the universe as we know it now. The Steady State theory says much the same, that something has existed in the universe without a beginning... which caused something else, which caused something else, which caused something else...

We might as well say that the world is the shell of a turtle, and when asked what the turtle is standing on, we reply that it is standing on the shell of another turtle... and that it, in turn, is standing on the shell of another turtle. It's turtles all the way down!

So, if I may turn the question back around, who created God?
    /* no comment */
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast