Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public schools

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Public schools

Advertisements
    Do you think there should be one standard of educating our kids? I know my kids got lucky when we moved here. It was like the school here pick up where the lesson plans in SD ended. I know that may not be the case when we move to VA?

Do you think that puts military kids and kids of parents who move a lot at a disadvantage?
  2. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Do you think there should be one standard of educating our kids? I know my kids got lucky when we moved here. It was like the school here pick up where the lesson plans in SD ended. I know that may not be the case when we move to VA?

Do you think that puts military kids and kids of parents who move a lot at a disadvantage?
    Yes - there should be a more solid national standard that all states and districts public/private adhere to.
  3. Senior Member
    Absolutly! There should also be one standard for teachers. I had to score 15 points higher on my praxis then someone taking them in Mississippi would have to in order to pass. Not that standardized tests make good teachers but still if you are going to have them at least make them the same across the board.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes there should be a standard across the board
  5. Senior Member
    YES there should be a standard across the board. And IMO they need to nix the standardized testing.
  6. Senior Member
    Yes. I moved a lot as a kid and it was very frustrating. I think everybody would benefit.

7. ------------------
    ------------------
    I agree that there should be a standard. Heck, my DH had to repeat a semester in high school because he switched schools! He was a straight A student! What is even crazier, is they were high schools in Colorado and only about a 25 minute drive apart.
  8. Senior Member
    I think all schools should have the same standards, and by that I mean no school should lower their standards but up them.

9. Senior Member
    I agree. I think there should be a nation wide standard from Kindergarten to seniors. I also there should a nation wide age cut off for starting kindergarten. Like the kid has to be 5 before this date.

I think things like history, science, art, music, and so on would varied though. I know right now my son is learning Wyoming state history because we live in Wyoming. When I was growing up I had Washington State history because I lived in WA.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yes I think there should be a standard on what is taught, how its taught and the schedule. We are leaving here in the middle of June when my high schoolers are done. My middle school and elementary kids aren't supposed to get out of school until the end of July. So if they have grades that appear that they are passing then they will advance them to the next grade, otherwise it's up to the accepting school to allow them to do summer school and advance them
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast