Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: s/o wedding money..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

s/o wedding money..

Advertisements
    How much was your wedding??
    How much do you feel a wedding should be? Like is there a maximum in your eyes?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It was probably around $3-400 total.

I think spending mobs of money (thinking in the thousands here) is silly. If I'm going to spend that kind of money (or have it spent on me) I'd rather have it spent on something that I'm going to get a lot of use out of -- not just one day. And when you boil it down, that's all a wedding is - ONE day.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

3. Senior Member

my "wedding" consisted of a $50 fee (to get married at town hall)
    and a pretty white satin dress i found on clearance for like 30 bucks.
  4. I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    I spent around 10,000$ on mine, and that did not incluse my honeymoon.

I don't think I could put a limit on what others might feel is the right amount for them, but I REFUSED to spend one penny more then I did. And the whole time, I was sick about the amount. In the end, though, our wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more.

However i have to say, when I hear people say they paid or the parents paid 50-100 thousand or more, my stomach drops just thinking about what I could do with that kind of money besides spend it on ONE day.
  5. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    My first wedding was about $5000..it lasted all of 8 months My second wedding cost us less than $300, we're working on year #9
  6. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    IMO it is up to the bride and groom, I could not spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on my wedding, but it will be a nice wedding. I am spending more money than I would like but that is just how things turn out.

If a bride wants a $20,000 wedding gown and a lobster dinner with an open bar so be it, or if someone wants bbq in the back yard that is great too.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
    Banned
    Mine is more than I wanted to spend.
    I think it will end up being around $7000. But we bought all the bridesmaids' dresses and shoes with that too.

I don't know about a $ figure for a maximum. But I think the brides/grooms that try to go over what they can reasonably afford need to be stopped.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I dont' think there is a minimum or maximum. Our first one was free(aside form the license) and this do-over renewal we're having will be about $500 all told. I think so long as you aren't going into debt for it, whatever.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Our wedding was ridiculous, I don't wanna put the amount spent out there. I don't think there is a set amount of how much a wedding "should" be or a maximum... as long as you keep in mind what the whole thing is REALLY about (you know, marrying the person you love) than everything else is just a bonus. $50 or $500,000, it's still a special, amazing day.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We spent $2500 total on everything. I think that a wedding budget should be comfortably within someone's financial means. If you've got a ton of money to dump into a wedding and not be in debt over it, then go for it. We didn't have much money, but we didn't want anything over the top either. So, $2500 went far for us and we did not owe anyone anything in the end.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast