Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Money

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wedding Money

Advertisements
    How much say does the person paying for a wedding get in the plans and how everything goes?

Example:

The parents are giving their child $10,000 towards their wedding budget, not paying for specific things, but just giving them X amount of money toward the budget... how much say do they have in the flower choice, venue section, and so on...
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i think they have the final say. They are the one paying for it.
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    depends what you're talking about. if that person is paying for the venue, they should have some say. if you're just talking about the type of music the dj will play, who cares who is paying for the dj, that's your choice.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jlbecker View Post
    depends what you're talking about. if that person is paying for the venue, they should have some say. if you're just talking about the type of music the dj will play, who cares who is paying for the dj, that's your choice.
    Im talking everything....

Example:

The parents are giving their child $10,000 towards their wedding budget, not paying for specific things, but just giving them X amount of money toward the budget... how much say do they have in the flower choice, venue secltion, and so on...
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    How much say does the person paying for a wedding get in the plans and how everything goes?
    I'm against parental-payment. I think if you want to get married, pay for your own wedding.
    *hereby proclaims the rule* I will NOT be paying for my daughter's already expensive ass needs and wants just to get rid of her when the time comes

I think the bride/groom should have final say - since it's THEIR wedding - whether they pay for it or not.

I was married twice and didn't even consider having a real wedding because I couldn't pay for it and i felt like a guilty bish for try to expect my parents to cover costs since they were against my marriages.
  6. Deployment #1 : 8 months down!
    Deployment #1 : 8 months down!
    my parents paid for my wedding gown and veil, but in the final say it was my opinion what i liked the best, which we all seemed to like the one i got. as for the rest of the wedding, i'm on my own.
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    since my parents are paying for entire reception, they have the priority in inviting guests. not saying that DF's family won't get to invite anyone, but since we only have $X dollars to work with, and DF's family isn't kicking in to offset that cost so they can invite more people... we gave them their A-list and they can use the B-list to fill in for people who decline on the A-list.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    I'm against parental-payment. I think if you want to get married, pay for your own wedding.
    *hereby proclaims the rule* I will NOT be paying for my daughter's already expensive ass needs and wants just to get rid of her when the time comes

I think the bride/groom should have final say - since it's THEIR wedding - whether they pay for it or not.
    I agree to the bolded...

My parents are giving me X amount of money towards my wedding (haha thats why i don't agree with the first part ) and im lucky that their attitude is "the money is a wedding gift" Its up to me to choose how to spend it, what to spend it on and all that... while I am obviously going to get their opinion on different things, the final say is up to me and DF
  9. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    Well I would say if they are just giving you the money, then none! If they were going to pay for specific things then I would say they have a say. I would, however, definitely take into consideration their wishes and try to give them what they like out of courtesy.
  10. Senior Member
    I think it should be an agreement. But if it's something the bride and groom feel strongly about they should pay - i.e. my Dad thinks alcohol at a wedding is insane, as well as a cash bar, SO I will pay for my own
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast