Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we give out so much information o the media?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Confused Should we give out so much information o the media?

Advertisements
    "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama told Marines who are about to deploy by the thousands to the other war front, Afghanistan.

Why do we give this much information out? Doesn't it give the bad guys enough time to plot and plan for something huge to happen? I mean, alot of times the guys don't know when they are going OR comming home until the last moment (to insure troop saftey) so why give this kind of information out this far in advance? sure maybe their leaders need to knwo so they can start training and setting up their own armed forces, but the whole world really needs to know this?

what do you think?
  2. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah - too much info, there.
    It's ONE thingto make goals and stick to them - that's awesome, always. But the enemy should never know what they are!
  3. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

The key word there was "combat", he isn't talking about bringing the troops home, and I seriously doubt the shift in phrasing will have a meaningful affect on the Iraqi people.

To address the debating point, however, I see no danger to our troops or our strategy from this announcement. If anything it should convince the insurgents to lay low and hope we really do have a draw down in forces.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    "I'm going to be waiting by the swings until 3:30, and if you show up, I'm gonna pummel you," snarled the bully. "But I have to play my X-Box before my brother gets home at 3:35, so I'm only waiting around till then!"

Guess what time I walked past the swings?

I agree that pulling out the troops from a country that didn't ask for our help couldn't come soon enough, but telling the enemies of that country when and what time we're living is narrow minded. I'd LOVE to think that this is a tactic - it gives the enemy PLENTY of time to hide out and allows the Iraqi government time to get a foothold on civil issues and address national security BEFORE the cut off date. But I'm done being optimistic about it. I honestly believe the president is pushing this as either lip service or he's REALLY expecting no backlash; I'm HOPING for the former.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatetank View Post
    "I'm going to be waiting by the swings until 3:30, and if you show up, I'm gonna pummel you," snarled the bully. "But I have to play my X-Box before my brother gets home at 3:35, so I'm only waiting around till then!"

I agree that pulling out the troops from a country that didn't ask for our help couldn't come soon enough, but telling the enemies of that country when and what time we're living is narrow minded. I'd LOVE to think that this is a tactic - it gives the enemy PLENTY of time to hide out and allows the Iraqi government time to get a foothold on civil issues and address national security BEFORE the cut off date. But I'm done being optimistic about it. I honestly believe the president is pushing this as either lip service or he's REALLY expecting no backlash; I'm HOPING for the former.

EXACTLY
  6. Senior Member
    Yea too much information.. I think that happens a lot in the news too. I think goals are good. But I think that's asking for trouble.

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

7. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

But it looks great for the administration that the fatality numbers drop right up until the draw down happens, from a political standpoint it's a win/win
  8. I have many leather bound books
    I have many leather bound books

Yeah, that's what makes me nervous. These people can be VERY patient in putting together their plans.

The Best Homecoming I ever had
  9. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni14 View Post
    Yeah, that's what makes me nervous. These people can be VERY patient in putting together their plans.
    But if we're gone when they implement them, what does it matter?

And do you not think it will be a giant cesspool for years and years whenever we pull out? We are the only thing keeping at least three factions from tearing the country to shreds, not to mention all the other middle eastern nations that can't wait to break off a piece.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelrfn View Post
    But if we're gone when they implement them, what does it matter?

And do you not think it will be a giant cesspool for years and years whenever we pull out? We are the only thing keeping at least three factions from tearing the country to shreds, not to mention all the other middle eastern nations that can't wait to break off a piece.
    Ya know, I wasn't even thinking about their coutry(s) right now, I was more worried about the backlash, the new 9-11 that is comming once we turn out backs. and who is going to help us? nobody. not georigia, not iraq, not france, not england, not even canada. they are all going to say we brought it on oursleves. but dollars to donuts says he send troops to Africa.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast