Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Negativity..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Personal Negativity..

Advertisements
    I'm going to try and word this right but I have a feeling I won't succeed. But here goes...lol

People that are always negative. Things are ALWAYS wrong, Never see the silver lining..etc. Do you feel that being SO negative is why bad things continue to happen??

Not really like karma. But if you are constantly negative do you think negativity naturally follows??

Like b/c they are so negative they begin to lack the ability to see the good in things..kwim.
  2. Senior Member
    oh i def think so. if all you are willing to see its the down side of things, it becomes habbit.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I think that it's their outlook, yes. If you (general) constantly see the bad in everything, all you learn to focus on is the bad things that happen. You won't ever notice the good things like the stranger that held the door for you, or the little smile the kid gave you when you made eye contact. You'll only notice that your tire is flat, and not realize on your way to work that had you been on time, you might have been part of the 20 car pile up on I-95, etc.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I think so - it's like self-fulfilling prophecy. You EXPECT negative things so that is what you SEE. Even if a positive thing comes along, they dont' see that - or they find a way to turn it into a negative.
  5. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    If you focus on the negative, I can see how that would be what you notice more, thus are affected by more often. Pessimism is a nasty cycle.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you guys got what I was saying!! ITA with you all.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    YES! My sister is the queen of doom and negativity, and what do you know, nothing ever goes right in her life. But, I think that the things that she thinks are sooooo horrible, just aren't? I mean, not everything that happens in life is ideal or what we want. But, having the power to see the good in things/people, and turn a situation around and make the best of it is what really matters. She cannot do that.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think negativity spawns negativity. It's hard to be around people who are constantly complaining, or constantly miserable by choice (I say by choice because there are people with legitimate psychological issues that make them very negative, not of their own choice). Because their negativity pushes people away, they rob themselves of possible positive interactions and opportunities for better things to happen in their lives. It's a sad cycle.
  9. Senior Member
    I think a negative attitude attracts negative actions, negative people, and bad things to happen to you. Because even if something good does happen, the person will not even notice, he or she is just looking for the "bad" things.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    YES! My sister is the queen of doom and negativity, and what do you know, nothing ever goes right in her life. But, I think that the things that she thinks are sooooo horrible, just aren't? I mean, not everything that happens in life is ideal or what we want. But, having the power to see the good in things/people, and turn a situation around and make the best of it is what really matters. She cannot do that.
    OMGosh YES that was exactly what I was talking about!! Not your sister of course but that type of situation.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast