Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WDYT?

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

WDYT?

Advertisements
    This stems from the story of the 11 yr old who shot his dads pregnant fiance.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497986,00.html

Should his father be punished? Should this boy be tried as an adult?
  2. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    If he's old enough to understand killing someone, then he is not a child. He should be tried as an adult.

Unless something comes out about his father (like he pushed the boy into doing it), then I think he's suffered enough. To lose his girlfriend, baby, and son...
    omnomnommynom
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    no comment.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I don't think there is nearly enough information yet to make judgements on either question
  5. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    If he's old enough to understand killing someone, then he is not a child. He should be tried as an adult.

Unless something comes out about his father (like he pushed the boy into doing it), then I think he's suffered enough. To lose his girlfriend, baby, and son...
    On the news they said that they boy got the gun as a christmas present. Why did he have access to a gun? Isnt it the parents responsibility to teach right from wrong and not allow them access to a gun besides for hunting trips or the shooting range?
  6. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoPrincess View Post
    On the news they said that they boy got the gun as a christmas present. Why did he have access to a gun? Isnt it the parents responsibility to teach right from wrong and not allow them access to a gun besides for hunting trips or the shooting range?
    It is, but I don't think the father is guilty of murder. He he shouldn't have bought a little boy a gun capable of killing someone, but he didn't pull the trigger, and as far as anyone knows he's innocent in all this. I just don't see what good it would do for the family to have him jailed up too.
    omnomnommynom
  7. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    It is, but I don't think the father is guilty of murder. He he shouldn't have bought a little boy a gun capable of killing someone, but he didn't pull the trigger, and as far as anyone knows he's innocent in all this. I just don't see what good it would do for the family to have him jailed up too.
    I dont think the father is guilty of murder but I think he should held responsible for not having the gun in a gun safe with trigger locks or cable locks and having the ammo stored away from it.

The child should be punished, I completely agree but I am unsure about how I feel about him being tried as an adult.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    "There was an issue with jealousy. He told my son stuff," said Houk's brother-in-law, Jason Kraner, 34. "He actually told my son that he wanted to do that to her."
    Check mate. He KNEW it was wrong, admitted he wanted to do it anyway, and did it. In theory, he learned that hitting was bad in kindergarten - unfortunatley that was just a paltry SIX years ago. Dad should be charged with letting the kid get ahold of a gun and being somewhat neglectful of the kid.
  9. Regular Member
    I read in another article that the father said he had "no clue" that the boy felt this way about his gf.

No clue? This goes beyond clueless to oblivious. There had to be a sign. Something, somewhere, had to suggest how this kid felt about the gf.

If nothing else, the father is guilty of being criminally oblivious.

As for the original question -should the boy be punished/tried as an adult. I think some people are irrepairably damaged, the damage is obvious from an early age, and this may be a case of it.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    As far as the gun-it says in the article it is one designed for children. I wonder what kind of shot gun it was. I know lots of kids that have access to things like BB guns. I personally grew up in a home with a loaded sawed off shot gun in my parents' closet. Never would I have dreamed of touching it. But, of course, *I* would never do that with my kids. I just think I can understand a man raising his kid to think that by 11, he's responsible enough that he's not going to hurt anyone accidentally with a shotgun (probably had taught him gun safety as most hunters do) and probably, if he's like any one of us, never DREAMED his son could/would actually kill someone intentionally.

This is such a sad, sad story.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast