Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School Unifroms...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

School Unifroms...

Advertisements
    Whats your opinion?

Do they hidden freedom of expression?
    Do they make it easier on kids so they don't have to worry about what to wear?

I wanna know what you think!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Whats your opinion?

Do they hidden freedom of expression?
    Do they make it easier on kids so they don't have to worry about what to wear?

I wanna know what you think!
    i think they can be wonderful! i think it helps bring a bit more equality to he school environment. school is NOT a fashion show or a club you should be dressed in a decent way (this can be subjective). i'm sure one can argue about it hiding personal expression but you have hours of time to do that outside of school with your friends.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm for them personally. It would have saved me a lot of trouble not having to think in the morning or having issues during the day. Khakis and a polo... perfect.
  4. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I love clothes. I have always loved clothes. One of the hardest things about being in the AF for me was wearing the uniform.
    Now, that being said, this is just me. I'd have to do some research to see if it affects test scores, violence, and/or teen pregnancy rates.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I loved wearing uniforms. I didn't feel stressed about what to wear, it was easy, cheaper, etc. Wearing uniforms all day made me appreciate wearing my non school clothes afterschool and on the weekends.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think in some cases they can be helpful, but I still think kids should be able to wear what they want. While yes they can socialize and where what they want after school... school is much more then just for learning math and science
  7. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.
    I loved the school uniforms I wore. For one, I got lucky and had cute little skirts and stockings and stuff, so that was cool. It was also cheaper, since me and my sister shared stockings, and scarves and things, and buying 3 uniforms was much cheaper than a whole wardrobe.

As far as stifling expression, we were still allowed to wear our own jewelry, have our own distinct backpacks and notebooks and things. You still got to express yourself through all those things.
    omnomnommynom
  8. Senior Member
    I'm from England, so I am biased having worn school uniform all through my schooling.

Yes, I'm a big fan. It's expensive enough for parents with "the" right shoes, school bag, coat, etc. without having to have umpteen outfits that are season specific and go out of fashion easily.

School uniform doesn't repress your individuality. It teaches you to follow dress codes and rules and to work within boundaries, as you will have to do in the real world. You can still express yourself. We would decorate our binders. That was one of our things.

I will be looking for a school with a uniform for my DD when she gets to that age. Or at least one with a specific dress code that they enforce.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I think in some cases they can be helpful, but I still think kids should be able to wear what they want. While yes they can socialize and where what they want after school... school is much more then just for learning math and science
    yes school is for socializing but if you as a person are only socializing with someone who is wearing x, y or z then the focus should be taken off of that. school is primarily for learning and you should be learning about all sorts of different people not just osmeone who has the same brand of teeshirt as you
  10. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Our school almost got uniforms. I went to a private school, so they got pretty strict about dress code. We couldn't wear any type of v-neck shirt, but we did get to where what we wanted. I kinda wished we would have gone to uniforms. It would have been SO much easier.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast