Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promiscuity ?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    No I don't. Some people are perfectly content with one some people are perfectly content with hundreds. It's not up to me to decide which way is right b/c neither way is right. It's individual.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyJay View Post
    I could do this the simple way, and just say "Yes. Better." but that would be annoying.

So. I personally feel that promiscuity is detrimental to our society. I feel it devalues sex and marriage and chastity. I believe that abstinence or monogamy would curb many issues we have as a society. However, my opinions on this are based almost entirely in religion, so I don't expect anyone to agree with me or consider my opinion valid.
    Nope this was the thought process I was curious about sense it was mentioned in the other debate. It sparked my curiosity if others felt that way.
  3. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    I could do this the simple way, and just say "Yes. Better." but that would be annoying.

So. I personally feel that promiscuity is detrimental to our society. I feel it devalues sex and marriage and chastity. I believe that abstinence or monogamy would curb many issues we have as a society. However, my opinions on this are based almost entirely in religion, so I don't expect anyone to agree with me or consider my opinion valid.
    even if people do not agree with you, I believe your opinion is valid because it is what you believe in your heart, mind and soul
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    It really depends. I am no angel (that is for SURE) but I don't feel bad about most of my choices. But there are friends that I have had who I think we sleeping around for MUCH deeper reasons and I worried about them.

But honestly, I don't think sex needs to be such a bad thing. Or so taboo.

I agree to all of this.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I'm just going to agree w/ you b/c you said my thoughts perfectly.

Also, there's a big difference between just sleeping around vs. having had a few partners in life due to serious relationships. For me, at least.
  6. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    In a strictly health-related sense, promiscuity is a bad thing. In a moral way, I think it depends on the reasons for the promiscuity.
    I agree with this and I think it depends on what the individual believes.

However, the way I was taught that you only have sex with a very few amount of people, perhaps even just one person instead of having hundreds of partners.

I also like what HollyJay said because that's what influenced my beliefs.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it all comes down to the connotation of the word 'promiscuity.'

When you hear the word, do you think of someone picking up one night stands at bars every night and not using condoms or any other method of protection? I don't think that is necessarily smart myself. It puts you at risk for disease, and because it is strangers, it puts you at risk for even worse things than herpes.

When you hear the word, do you think of someone who enjoys having sex with different partners, but they always know the partner a bit better (say, a friend or SO early in the relationship) and always use protection? That I don't think is necessarily wrong. Sex is enjoyable so long as you are smart about it.

Having multiple partners I don't think is really so bad if you understand the implications of what you are doing and what could happen in the long run and take measures to ensure that the possible outcomes are closer to the good rather than the bad.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa_lady View Post
    even if people do not agree with you, I believe your opinion is valid because it is what you believe in your heart, mind and soul
    Thanks!

I should have worded that differently. I really just meant that I can't back up my claims with empirical evidence (although I might be able to partially if I researched a little), so nobody has to believe me if they disagree.

I can say from personal experience that my life is better and I hold myself in higher regard with a higher sense of self-worth when I am in a monogamous relationship or fully abstaining from sex than it was when I was ridiculously promiscuous. That's just me though- I couldn't speak to anyone else's experience.
  9. Yes, I am a male
    Yes, I am a male
    Blog Entries

I think it depends on several factors, and should be judged on an individual basis.

A person who jumps from bed to bed because they NEED to be validated as a person isn't the same as someone who has several partners just because they genuinely enjoy the act.
  10. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks!

I should have worded that differently. I really just meant that I can't back up my claims with empirical evidence (although I might be able to partially if I researched a little), so nobody has to believe me if they disagree.

I can say from personal experience that my life is better and I hold myself in higher regard with a higher sense of self-worth when I am in a monogamous relationship or fully abstaining from sex than it was when I was ridiculously promiscuous. That's just me though- I couldn't speak to anyone else's experience.
    I cried after the first time I had sex because I hadn't waited for marriage and I feel bad that DB isn't the only guy I've slept with.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast