Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity weight loss, what do you think?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Celebrity weight loss, what do you think?

Advertisements
    Here is a link of common celebrities earlier in their careers to now: http://www.chron.com/channel/momhous...ow_celebs.html

To the debate: Do you think that the media giants and hollywood should help encourage a healthy weight mentality? Do you think that the media is too weight focused? Any other points you feel about the media, hollywood, celebrities?

Discuss
  2. Mrs.Fanntastic
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    A few look really sick!
    ~MommaJ~

3. Senior Member
    I dont think its just in Hollywood, look at even the high schools, even 10 years ago when I was in high school, girls might of been Fit and skinny but not like they are now. My god all my cousins that are in high school are sooo tiny, they look sick. We ordered pizza a few weeks ago and they each had like half a slice and then just picked at the rest of it...

Of course I think its trickling down from Hollywood to our kids and the teens but really I dont think that there are that many naturally extra extra small people out there. But it seems like 75% of the girls in high school are wearing either extra extra small or extra small.
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    Here is a link of common celebrities earlier in their careers to now: http://www.chron.com/channel/momhous...ow_celebs.html

To the debate: Do you think that the media giants and hollywood should help encourage a healthy weight mentality? Do you think that the media is too weight focused? Any other points you feel about the media, hollywood, celebrities?

Discuss
    I think they're too weight-focused. Which is why so many people have eating disorders like anorexia and bulemia.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It's society in general, not just the media. Ideals shift, it's cyclic. Eventually we will be back to very curvy being the goal we all strive to reach.

Personally, I think Madonna looks great now-holy WOW look at her leg muscles!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Two words: Jessica Simpson

That woman is not "fat". She is healthy, and every single tabloid AND major credible publication has talked about her like she's some monster for being larger than the average waif that calls themselves a celebrity. It's disgusting the way they tear her down.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    I dont think its just in Hollywood, look at even the high schools, even 10 years ago when I was in high school, girls might of been Fit and skinny but not like they are now. My god all my cousins that are in high school are sooo tiny, they look sick. We ordered pizza a few weeks ago and they each had like half a slice and then just picked at the rest of it...

Of course I think its trickling down from Hollywood to our kids and the teens but really I dont think that there are that many naturally extra extra small people out there. But it seems like 75% of the girls in high school are wearing either extra extra small or extra small.
    Yeah that's my point do you think the focus is in the wrong place? Do you think that the media should be focusing on the healthy celebrities instead of the scandal of Jessica Simpson gaining weight?

Heck I remember just a few years ago when i was in high school how the girls were thin but healthy and how the celebrities for the majority were far healthier than they are now. I hate how these tiny women are becoming the role models for my child's generation. It angers me that these are the ideals that she's told to strive for despite what Dh and I plan on teaching her kwim?
  8. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I think some of them look healthier after, but most of them are scary skinny afterward. Jessica Simpson is NOT fat! She is bigger than we are used to seeing her, not fat. Boo!

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    It's society in general, not just the media. Ideals shift, it's cyclic. Eventually we will be back to very curvy being the goal we all strive to reach.

Personally, I think Madonna looks great now-holy WOW look at her leg muscles!
    If it's societal where do these ideals come from? Where is it trickling from?
  10. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    that makes me sad & sick.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast