Thread: Economic Apocalypse

1. Senior Member

Suspicious Economic Apocalypse

Advertisements
    What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEe0Ai6lTM

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  2. Senior Member
    I think I wish I knew more about ecomnomics but the premise is right from what I can see. Printing more money devalues it. I feel for the people that have worked hard to save when money had more value and now all that hard work and sacrifice leads to their money being worth less then when they started saving.

Either way you slice it and I dont care who is in office we are in serious trouble. Our children will be paying for our decisions for years and years. I dont know what the answer is but I dont trust that what we are doing is going to help in anything but the shorterm. I think we have become a society that thinks of the here and now. Have it now has gotten us into credit card debt , and the mortgage crisis.

I am simply a layman but I dont understand how more debt is going to help. When I dont have the money for something I dont go out and get another credit card to pay for it why should our government?
  3. Senior Member
    [QUOTE=NWnavywife;4419245]I think I wish I knew more about ecomnomics but the premise is right from what I can see. Printing more money devalues it. I feel for the people that have worked hard to save when money had more value and now all that hard work and sacrifice leads to their money being worth less then when they started saving.

Either way you slice it and I dont care who is in office we are in serious trouble. Our children will be paying for our decisions for years and years. I dont know what the answer is but I dont trust that what we are doing is going to help in anything but the shorterm. I think we have become a society that thinks of the here and now. Have it now has gotten us into credit card debt , and the mortgage crisis.

I am simply a layman but I dont understand how more debt is going to help. When I dont have the money for something I dont go out and get another credit card to pay for it why should our government?[/QUOTE]

That train left the station a long time ago. Our government has operated in debt for the last century. The last 8 years, it has skyrocketed.

I don't think the answer to the debt is to print more money, there is a fine line there. You are right about inflation. The idea is to get people to buy the debt, you and i can buy it in the form of bonds.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  4. Senior Member
    [QUOTE=mpicky;4419287]
    Quote Originally Posted by NWnavywife View Post
    I think I wish I knew more about ecomnomics but the premise is right from what I can see. Printing more money devalues it. I feel for the people that have worked hard to save when money had more value and now all that hard work and sacrifice leads to their money being worth less then when they started saving.

I am simply a layman but I dont understand how more debt is going to help. When I dont have the money for something I dont go out and get another credit card to pay for it why should our government?[/QUOTE]

That train left the station a long time ago. Our government has operated in debt for the last century. The last 8 years, it has skyrocketed.

I don't think the answer to the debt is to print more money, there is a fine line there. You are right about inflation. The idea is to get people to buy the debt, you and i can buy it in the form of bonds.
  5. Senior Member
    while the current economic crisis occurs, it's the variables and results of prior economical decisions and actions that have got us to where we presently are....from a financial perspective, the war in Iraq has cost us millions and millions and millions of dollars. I'm not going to debate the war, but the COST of it, is staggering in addition to a pleothra of other variables that impact and compound the present turmoiled situation.

My Sweetheart

6. Banned
    Banned
    I wish you could have found something else to convey your point. I agree printing more money isn't the right answer but more than anything I think this guy is a tool and I feel sorry for the people who actually listen to him for their "news."
  7. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    My view is that we have to do SOMETHING to prevent an economic apocalypse. I don't agree with the train of thought that we should sit around doing nothing while the world crashes down around us.

Meanwhile, I am getting tired of economic laypeople throwing tantrums from the peanut gallery. If you admit you don't understand it then you should stop being so critical and do something useful.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    My view is that we have to do SOMETHING to prevent an economic apocalypse. I don't agree with the train of thought that we should sit around doing nothing while the world crashes down around us.

Meanwhile, I am getting tired of economic laypeople throwing tantrums from the peanut gallery. If you admit you don't understand it then you should stop being so critical and do something useful.

I am not sure your meaning here. I dont think anyone is throwing a tantrum. I also wonder what your views are on what the common man should do ? I dont know many experts in economics but I have run a household budget for the last 25 years. Very simple compared to the government but I do know that to spend what I dont have is detremental to my whole budget and just gets me in a deeper hole.

I dont watch this guy as a general rule I have no idea where his poltics or his views lie . I can only make a assement on his particular statements that I saw in the video ...
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NWnavywife View Post
    I am not sure your meaning here. I dont think anyone is throwing a tantrum. I also wonder what your views are on what the common man should do ? I dont know many experts in economics but I have run a household budget for the last 25 years. Very simple compared to the government but I do know that to spend what I dont have is detremental to my whole budget and just gets me in a deeper hole.

I dont watch this guy as a general rule I have no idea where his poltics or his views lie . I can only make a assement on his particular statements that I saw in the video ...
    I have a lot of opinions on what the layperson can do, but they are not popular or easy, thus no one but me and a select group of people do them. Fact is, most people are NOT willing to sacrifice for the greater good. In this, I think they are actually harming the country and cutting off their nose to spite their face, as the way of life they so enjoy may not last. Anyone who thinks differently, that for sure we will pull out of this, doesn't understand the depth of the situation. There are no guarantees, but I guess if you get to save a buck today, that trumps everything else. Lack of foresight, that is the problem. Oh, and instant gratification
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    I wish you could have found something else to convey your point. I agree printing more money isn't the right answer but more than anything I think this guy is a tool and I feel sorry for the people who actually listen to him for their "news."
    a friend emailed me the link. thought I would share.

My Sweetheart