Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo' Money

1. Banned
    Banned

Mo' Money

Advertisements
    Do you feel if you (or your spouse) made more money, that it would help solve most, if not all, of your financial problems?

I was talking about this with my coworker whose wife feels if he made more, they wouldn't be in such debt. He was saying she's wrong and that they're in the debt they're in because of their spending habits (they have high end couches, she buys expensive purses/clothes, huge projector screen tv in the finished basement, they don't save $$, etc etc).
  2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I think unless you develop different spending/saving habits, you'll always spend what you make.

3. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I think that I need to contribute more...... I also think that if we stopped "treating" ourselves for a little while, we might get out of debt sooner
  4. Senior Member
    I think for some people, it would help. Most the people I know, more money= more spending. So it doesn't really help.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yup. About $200 more per paycheck and we could save some instead of being short. I'm selling makeup and everything, but I'd have to more than double my current earnings to make up that difference. We tend to be frugal spenders. IF we buy something brand name, it's 99% of the time because it has a guarantee(especially clothes). I'll always shop at the commy and buy generic, no matter how much we have to spend. We have no debt, either.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think the more money you have the more money you will be likely to spend.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nope. As the saying goes, the more money you make, the more debt you tend to have. So if you have a lot of debt on X amount of money. You would probably have the same amount % wise on a larger salary.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    we would need another 0 added to the end of our pay for that to help. so not really. Money is just money. We aren't starving or not paying our current bills. We just need to pay off student loans and other debt.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I completely 100% feel that if we made more money we wouldn't be in debt. All of our monthly bills are cheap, ie rent, utilities. It's the old student loans and the CC debt from college that's killing us. ALL of my CC debt is from when I couldn't afford books, fees, or food. I can't tell you the last time I bought clothes. I understand what we should be doing with our money... we just don't have enough of it to do it. I'm convinced if we made more, that I'd become obsessed with saving it.
  10. Senior Member
    I know for us thats not true. We're not in debt but we don't have a huge savings account like we should with the amount of money John brings home
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast