Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: having kids you cant afford

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

having kids you cant afford

Advertisements
    [Yes, an octuplet s/o]

At what point does having more kids you can't afford become "wrong"? Are things different when you have a surprise pregnancy when things are already tight than knowingly having multiples? Or maybe you think you'll never be truly financially ready so might as well have them now while you're young and their ages are somewhat close.

I guess what I'm getting at is, is having a child you can't afford the same in all circumstances or no?

Personally, I feel it is the same.
  2. Senior Member
    Yeah, I believe you shouldn't be having kids if you can't afford it. It's just irresponsible.
    That's not saying you should get an abortion if you can't afford having the kid. But you should definitely use birth control methods if you know you aren't in a financial position that allows for a baby.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree that having kids when you are in a very poor financial situation is not the best choice, however, i think there is a difference between a couple who things may be tight for every now and then wanting to have a child, and a woman on welfare already having a large family and going in and having more kids, this wasn't a "woops i accidentally got preggo again kinda thing"
  4. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    If you're planning on having a child, when things are already very tight (budget wise) then yes I think it's wrong. Because you won't be able to properly take care of the child/children if you have multiples.

But if it's an accidental pregnancy, then I think it's different. I would also say that you or your SO, should try to save up a little money on the side during the nine months you're pregnant.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I know for a fact I cant afford more kids. So I wont be having anymore. If by an act of God I got pregnant I would adopt out or abort. It would be highly irresponsible of me to have a baby and expect the government to support it.
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Well yes you should not "plan" on kids if you can't afford them. That being said if you get preggos even though you were preventing. I have my middle son while I was on the pill. I don't believe in abortion so I had him. We were not "planning" him so it made the budget tighter. If you chose to have sex and no matter what bc you use the risk of becoming preggos is always there. So honestly if you don't want to take the chance if you can't afford a child then don't have sex.
    Having 8 kids like that mom did intentionally like that is horrible in my opinion. I also have a cousin that had children just so she could get more welfare money I think that is not right at all.
  7. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    I think it depends, if money is tight before you have the baby, are you willing to make some changes to accommodate the kid? For example, when I got pregnant with my first who was unplanned, I was in college. I dropped out, got a job. My ex also dropped out of school and went from the reserves to active duty to support us.
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by chriswifey View Post
    I feel that yes accidents happen....But there are only so many accidents...I know some females who have had 4 or 5 accidents..GET ON THE PILL, Make his ass wear a condom. Its ridiculous that woman act so immature and get pregnant twenty billion times and expect everybody to feel sorry for them. I HATE to see babies that are not taken care of. I swear I want to break men and womens necks that dont care of their children. And to all these men having sex with these women unprotected *hands you a gun* kill yourself
    do what? That seems a little extreme to me...
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Everyone has a different idea of what it means to "be able to afford" something though.

Some people are more willing to sacrifice and nix other expenses to "be able to afford" their children than others.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I think just about everyone has a child or children they cannot afford-

but when you have 14 and your single and have no way to support them I think is being irresponsible and IMO - commiting gross child endangerment and neglect.

I had 1 child when I was 17- no way in hell I could afford that child- I needed help from my family and from the state- BUT not forever- I got a job, went to school and still could barely afford him.
    I could not give himt he best- he went with out new toys until his birthday and christmas and I had to by clothes at thrift stores and consignment shops-

I had DD DH was active Duty and e4 living in HI- could we afford her- no we could not- was on WIC and I had to work part time to pay for diapers-
    but if everyone waited until they could afford a child we would be in a terrible world and we would all die out!!!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast