Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Octuplets doctor...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Shock Octuplets doctor...

Advertisements
    Do you think the doctor who implanted 6 embryos on a regualr basis should be in some hot water for doing so?

I haven't done IVF, though I have done fertility treaments. My SIL has done IVF 3 times and her last time she had to "beg" the doctor to do 3 embryos, and at the time she was a completely healthy 24 year old.

The woman who had the octuplets was into her 30's when implanted with these 6 embryo's, and that is old enough to be high risk pregnancy.

What do you think? This isn't about her being single, or the other kids, just about her age, medical history, including ectopic pregnancies and the fact that this doctor put her and these babies at risk. Not just this time when 8 babies were concieved, but each time he did that many embryo's.
  2. Senior Member
    I am NOT against fertility help...believe me!! BUT i feel that this is totally out of control, i mean 6children she wasnt caring for already?

But is it the doctors job to do back checks on everyone? I am upset with her.. I feel the lady has a few screws loose.. But to blame the dr... Im still unsure.
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    He is under investigation....so hopefully soon enough, when the investigation is completed, he'll be charged with something....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    A healthy woman under the age of 35 is to be only implanted 2 embryos under guidelines. The Dr is being investigated and charges will likely be sought. There is information that needs to be filled out and such prior to IVF. Granted she could of lied but it really is not normal to implant THAT many embryos ESPECIALLY in a woman under 35
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by CCArmyWife View Post
    Do you think the doctor who implanted 6 embryos on a regualr basis should be in some hot water for doing so?

I haven't done IVF, though I have done fertility treaments. My SIL has done IVF 3 times and her last time she had to "beg" the doctor to do 3 embryos, and at the time she was a completely healthy 24 year old.

The woman who had the octuplets was into her 30's when implanted with these 6 embryo's, and that is old enough to be high risk pregnancy.

What do you think? This isn't about her being single, or the other kids, just about her age, medical history, including ectopic pregnancies and the fact that this doctor put her and these babies at risk. Not just this time when 8 babies were concieved, but each time he did that many embryo's.
    Over 35 is considered advance maternal age. And more testing is needed. and is of a higher risk of some things like downs and such...She was 33 and it is not higher risk pregnancy at that age. I was 31 when I had my daughter and everything was considered a normal regular pregnancy
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It is irresponsible and neglectful to implant that many embryos, yes he should be held accountable.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    Over 35 is considered advance maternal age. And more testing is needed. and is of a higher risk of some things like downs and such...She was 33 and it is not higher risk pregnancy at that age. I was 31 when I had my daughter and everything was considered a normal regular pregnancy

I couldn't remember exactly how old she was. I thought on the interview I just watched that they mentioned her being higher risk for multiple reasons one of which being age, I could have been mistaken though!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by CCArmyWife View Post
    I couldn't remember exactly how old she was. I thought on the interview I just watched that they mentioned her being higher risk for multiple reasons one of which being age, I could have been mistaken though!
    I can tell you that they are wrong about age being a factor at 33 I think its the whole "in the 30's" and people assume it means higher risk. It really doesnt. My Dr even told me I could go on to have another baby if I wanted to. I went thru MANY years of infertility and the like and saw many Dr's. Over 35 is when more testing and all that is needed. She is the exact same age as me. ANY woman with 8 babies is gonna have issues tho. That amount should not of been implanted however. I know women over 35 who have more then 2 implanted but thats because with the older age it is harder for them to implant.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Your sister in law had to beg because she was a healthy 24 year old. They do not like nor usually condone implanting more then 2 embryos into a healthy woman under 35 because the likelyhood of all implanting is MUCH higher then if you are over 35. So thats why that happened to her
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    I can tell you that they are wrong about age being a factor at 33 I think its the whole "in the 30's" and people assume it means higher risk. It really doesnt. My Dr even told me I could go on to have another baby if I wanted to. I went thru MANY years of infertility and the like and saw many Dr's. Over 35 is when more testing and all that is needed. She is the exact same age as me. ANY woman with 8 babies is gonna have issues tho. That amount should not of been implanted however. I know women over 35 who have more then 2 implanted but thats because with the older age it is harder for them to implant.
    I wasn't sure about that, which I why I mentioned tht I haven't been through IVF (we have considered it though).

Her age wasn't so much the point I was getting at, either. Just the idea in general of putting someone at the risk of having 6 or more babies at one time. I am sad for those babies, I hope that they don't have an life altering problems as a result of being born so early.

I hope this doctor is reprimanded for being so irrersponsible to his client and her future children.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast