Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Salesperson?

1. formerly tickllexmexpink
    formerly tickllexmexpink

Question Stimulus Salesperson?

Advertisements
    This past week or so Obama has given many media interviews to help sell his stimulus plan to the public. How effective do you think he is as a stimulus salesperson? Strengths, weaknesses? Do you think the president should be acting as a salesperson for the economic package?

Discuss

Football season isn't the same
  2. formerly tickllexmexpink
    formerly tickllexmexpink
    wake up ladies! i need some input

3. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I'm FOR anything that creates a real job, honestly.

But that's about it - I'm against them giving money to companies unless it's 100% FOR those jobs ... or securing current ones.

I feel that they need to do more for the individual people who ARE struggling, now, and whose lives have been turned to shit because of all of this...and this plan, same as the last one, doesn't do that at all, IMHO.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    I'm FOR anything that creates a real job, honestly.

But that's about it - I'm against them giving money to companies unless it's 100% FOR those jobs ... or securing current ones.

I feel that they need to do more for the individual people who ARE struggling, now, and whose lives have been turned to shit because of all of this...and this plan, same as the last one, doesn't do that at all, IMHO.
  5. formerly tickllexmexpink
    formerly tickllexmexpink
    do you think that going through all these media outlets is a good way for him to sell it to the people?

6. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Unfortuantely - because some people worship him like he's a freaking God - if he opens his mouth about it suddenly they will back him without question, it seems (not everyone, of cousre, but a lot of peopel seem to be JUST like this and it's annoying and hell and has given him a lot of wiggle room. He can get away with things that no other president could have done because of this)

Which is dangerous You can't trust politicians blindly and without question - no matter who they are and what they're up to.
  7. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLou View Post
    do you think that going through all these media outlets is a good way for him to sell it to the people?
    Yes. I absolutely think he should be a stimulus salesperson and I think the media is a great tool. If for no other reason than it reaches so many people. I saw him on C-span last night, he was at a town hall yesterday in Indiana and it was footage from that. It was really refreshing to see him speaking to the people, in lame man's terms, and clear that...wow...he knows what he's talking about. It was quite refreshing. Unfortunately it was a bit of a boring topic and I fell asleep

Anyhow, if he doesn't sell his stimulus package then who will? Not to mention how cool is it that he even CARES that we understand it. I don't think the Bush administration gave two hoots what the people did or did not understand about anything they did. It's nice to see a president speaking to a group of Americans - all the while using proper grammar, speaking in words that actually exist, and all without a condescending pompous tone.

But I'll stop. Now I'm gushing.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    Unfortuantely - because some people worship him like he's a freaking God - if he opens his mouth about it suddenly they will back him without question, it seems (not everyone, of cousre, but a lot of peopel seem to be JUST like this and it's annoying and hell and has given him a lot of wiggle room. He can get away with things that no other president could have done because of this)

Which is dangerous You can't trust politicians blindly and without question - no matter who they are and what they're up to.
    I agree w/ all she said.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    I agree w/ all she said.
    She is saying things much better than I could right now. Vicodin brain sucks sometimes.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    She is saying things much better than I could right now. Vicodin brain sucks sometimes.
    I still have baby brain....
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast