Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: marijuana..should it be legal?

1. Senior Member

marijuana..should it be legal?

Advertisements
    ok so
    we have this debate in our class tommorow, our teacher is going to split us into two groups, for and against and we have no say in which group.
    i need help i know weve done this debate before but i cant for the life of me figure out the new search so i cant find it. i need opinions mostly FOR marijuana being legal. i grew up in a house where smoking ciggs in unacceptable let alone pot (dads a cop and anti anything that has to do with addiction) (please dont judge my parents there families all smoke and they wanted us to grow up thinking it was not ok but anyways)
    i have such a strong opinion and im worried i will be put on the FOR side and i cant figure out an argument other then the use of pain management...
    PLEASE help lets try to keep it clean as well

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yup. Less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.
    Shown to be less addictive than caffiene.
    Consenting adults in their own home....
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    I think the government could make some money by taxing the crap out of it if it were sold like cigarettes.
    Needs work.
  4. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    uhmm NOOO all it does is make ppl freaking slow!! it should only be used for medical reasons...kids these days are out spendin all their cash on weed and cant take care of thier kids or bills..its rediculous!! not to mention when ppl are high they cant focus and they seem extremely slow at everything.. its such a useless drug.
  5. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post

I have a few friends who have smoked pot ( I have not) and say that they were way more likely to eat some food and go to sleep than get obnoxious like they do when they drink.

I also dont believe that pot is a gateway drug, it leads to eating (or so I have been told ) *if a person chooses to do other drugs, it is not b/c of marijuana.
  6. Senior Member
    And maybe if the average joe schmo who liked to smoke pot and could by it in a minimart would be less likely to get involved with less than innocent people who are into worse stuff when he needed to buy it.

Not saying I am for legalizing it, just trying to make some points for you.
    Needs work.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FTCWifey View Post
    I think the government could make some money by taxing the crap out of it if it were sold like cigarettes.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. Also I think putting people in jail for pot is a total waste.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    how is it less dangerous then tobacco...ive always seen statistics such as this

"In fact, the average joint has been estimated to contain 0.4 grams of pot, a bit less than one-half the weight of a cigarette, making one joint equal to two cigarettes " "Marijuana Health"
    i cant fathom how two is better then one...please dont flame me i just honestly dont know.

consenting adults in their own home...haha should have informed the dude with his four kids in cistco the other day he walked by and my roomate and I about fell over from the strong stench of pot.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTCWifey View Post
    And maybe if the average joe schmo who liked to smoke pot and could by it in a minimart would be less likely to get involved with less than innocent people who are into worse stuff when he needed to buy it.

Not saying I am for legalizing it, just trying to make some points for you.

i appreciate it thats what i need

10. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    how is it less dangerous then tobacco...ive always seen statistics such as this

"In fact, the average joint has been estimated to contain 0.4 grams of pot, a bit less than one-half the weight of a cigarette, making one joint equal to two cigarettes " "Marijuana Health"
    i cant fathom how two is better then one...please dont flame me i just honestly dont know.

consenting adults in their own home...haha should have informed the dude with his four kids in cistco the other day he walked by and my roomate and I about fell over from the strong stench of pot.
    pot is not as addicting as smoking. There are less chemicals in a blunt

I am not 100% on this, but I gather that is what it is.
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast