Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Palestine

1. Joy
    Banned
    Banned

Question Israel and Palestine

Advertisements
    What are your thoughts? This is a continuing conflict, one the UN has been involved in.

I personally feel that at times Israel had no intentions of peace by continuing to build settlements forcing Palestinians to rise up in defense or leave. Israel thinks that international law does not apply to them, and they can completely ignore human rights, conventions and UN resolutions. Not even ambulances, schools or hospitals are safe from the horrors of the Israeli occupation forces. Ambulance drivers have been stopped, abducted from their ambulances and made to be human shields for Israeli soldiers going house to house. I'm just curious as to how people feel about the beef over there, since so much focus has shifted to Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, etc.. it almost seems forgotten.

My step-dad was from that area and he told me of his best friend tied to a back of truck and drug around town as an example not to stand up against their soldiers and I read letters from there of actions that are just beyond me. Kinda feels like we (the U.S.) sometimes fights the fights with the best publicity leaving some things half done.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am Jewish so I think I will just say no comment except to say Israel is not the ONLY one in the wrong.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think the entire situation over there is just disgusting.

You guys should rent the movie "Promises." It's a documentary they made, where they followed around both Israeli kids and Palestinian kids... it's completely heartbreaking how indoctrinated with hate they are.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I am Jewish so I think I will just say no comment except to say Israel is not the ONLY one in the wrong.
    i agree
  5. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I've been educated, introduced, to one view of this debate, I'm asking what others views are. I'm not seeing the issue with explaining further.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I do not like how Americans are kind of brainwashed by the media to support Israel. It's kind of undeniable. Palestinians are being oppressed, too. But I do think the whole situation is disgusting.

I could go on all night. No time, hot pocket time!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I've been educated, introduced, to one view of this debate, I'm asking what others views are. I'm not seeing the issue with explaining further.
    It is a very hot button topic that is why I didn't want to comment further. I hope I did not offend you.
  8. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    It is a very hot button topic that is why I didn't want to comment further. I hope I did not offend you.
    Nope, no offense. I just like to be educated in things and sometimes just reading something doesn't make you educated in a topic. KWIM. A book doesn't always portray the feelings behind the thoughts or words written like a person can here. Just thought I'd get some insight on the other side.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I personally don't want to debate it because I probably would get really flamed for my opinions. Plus I do not feel like I have enough info on the topic.
    I look at it from a biblical aspect.
    That's all.
    I hate that anyone is getting hurt through this conflict though. It isn't fair.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well one of the issues is that when the land was given to create Israel the Palestine peoples were nomadic. So global leaders wrongly assumed they would not care if the land was given away to the Jewish peoples. They wanted a place to put all of the displaced Jewish people after WWII. Many of the Jewish people just wanted to be with their own people and left alone.

Also when the joint forces pulled out leaving Israel on its own Israeli people were defenseless, ( except for smuggled in arms) because while joint forces were there Israeli people were not allowed guns and such. There was a lot of hate and anger directed at the Jewish people in that area and many were waiting for the joint forces to leave to push the Jewish peoples into the ocean.

There was also in fighting between Zionist (are Jewish people that believe Israel should not be created until the Messiah comes) and other Jewish peoples about the rightness in creating Israel. The whole thing has ALWAYS been an awful mess.

There are terrorist actions on both sides and a lot of they started it first finger pointing. Barbaric acts have been committed on both sides.

All of it makes me feel very depressed because I wish they could just live side by side and SHARE the land & respect one another's differences and beliefs.

There was a very good docu that showed a set of best friends an Israel girl and a Palestine girl. They had been friends best friends since early childhood. Their friendship is very rare BUT holding onto it is very hard. It made me cry a lot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast