Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Should weight-loss programs be covered by insurance?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 38.89%
  • No

15 27.78%
  • Maybe

15 27.78%
  • Other

3 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss and Insurance

1. Banned
    Banned

Weight Loss and Insurance

Advertisements
    Should weight loss programs such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. be covered by your company's insurance?

Poll incoming.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I think so. If weight loss sugery is covered, why shouldn't weight loss tools Early intervention of sorts.
  3. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    If prescribed by a physician.

My little Loves!
  4. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    No, because if that's all it takes to lose weight is to control your eating habits, you're capable of eating less and more nutritious foods without insurance footing the bill. If there is an underlying medical issue that is preventing weight loss, despite the patients efforts, then my response doesn't pertain. (just putting that last bit out there before I get virtually pounded )
  5. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    I think so. If weight loss sugery is covered, why shouldn't weight loss tools Early intervention of sorts.
    I agree.
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know if it should or not honestly....but I do think it would be awesome if it was.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    If prescribed by a physician.
    I agree. As with any weight loss program, it should be discussed with a physician (not talking oh I gained 5 pounds and I need to lose it again type diets). Often times people who have trouble losing weight also have some underlying emotional issue going on and they need to address/change that as well as their weight concerns. Not to mention covering weight loss programs in general would make it too easy/affordable for those with unhealthy body image/ideas abuse a program to the point of becoming quite unhealthy/underweight.

****DISCLAIMER**** I am not saying every overweight person has emotional issues. Not saying every person with emotional issues is overweight.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  8. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    No, because if that's all it takes to lose weight is to control your eating habits, you're capable of eating less and more nutritious foods without insurance footing the bill. If there is an underlying medical issue that is preventing weight loss, despite the patients efforts, then my response doesn't pertain. (just putting that last bit out there before I get virtually pounded )
    I agree.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely!
  10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Yea, but I know a few people who have had weight loss surgery who I believe didn't need it or could have modified their eating habits (I'd seen them eat before and knew their personal habits) ... and insurance still paid.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast