Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bus fight

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

bus fight

Advertisements
    ok i know this has been in the news already for some time but i really was shocked and wanted to share these two videos.

this is the actual footage from the bus complete with some kids comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4HzYffPmU

and this is the follow up on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFII76Ua4zc

so what is all of your opinions on this situation?
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    shoot i just realized this is not in debates can someone move this please.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There's a kid in the second row recording the altercation from the opposite direction, I would like to see that side of the story.

I'm prone to say the bus driver was at fault for using physical force when she tried to push the student back to her seat. That's what would have started me fighting. I was surprised the student didn't hit sooner.

I had a crazy bus driver that held us hostage on the bus once because someone had bent a luggage rack (before we got on the bus) and he decided to take matters into his own hands instead of just checking the tapes from earlier that day. We all just went out the emergency exit in the back while he wasn't looking. I think bus drivers get on power trips, and it can be dangerous.

*I'm not saying the student behaved completely appropriately, especially since you can't see it from the other side, and there's no footage showing why the bus driver pulled over, but an adult should know NEVER to engage in a physical pushing battle with a student.
  5. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    Wow...

The student held back for awhile. She tried to tell the bus driver just to let her off. Even handed her the phone to speak to the mother... which the bus driver just "THREW"....

The bus driver had her hands on the student first...

I dont believe she shouldn't fought back with the bus driver.... and the bus drivers daughter had no right to hit the girl either......

This is a sad story.
  6. Determined
    Determined
    It's really hard to make much sense of that video seeings most of the physical stuff, you can't see. It's hard to tell who hit who and when. I think it was also a very sticky situation for the bus driver. She is in charge of the safety of those children and by law IS NOT allowed to let them off that bus except where they are supposed to get off. I also think the 2 young girls argueing with her were being very immature. As most 15 yr. olds are. I still can't say who was right or wrong though. Too hard to tell.
  7. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    From those videos, I think the bus driver should be fired and charged with assault.

The minute she pushed the girl was assault. Also, I would have her charged with malicious destruction of property if there was as much as a scratch on that cell phone.

What the hell kind of adult cannot control themself and a few teenagers. She should have spoken to the girl's mother and just gotten her to come pick up her child from the bus.

If I ever was in a situation where a bus driver was bitching me out I would call my mother beforing trying to force my way off the bus, but I am sure she would have met the bus to get me off of it even it was my fault, at least to punish me.

HOwever, the minute the bus driver hit the girl, I would have called 911, and not my mother.

She was going absolutely postal and hitting a student, if I were one of the other ones, those emergency exits would have been open and I would have bailed out of there much sooner.

I think once the bus driver used physical force against the girl, any student who felt fearful for their safety could have felt as though they were in some sort of hostage situation and I would have gotten the hell out of there
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  8. Senior Member
    I honestly am surprised the girl waited as long as she did to hit the bus driver. I would have hit her much sooner.

I don't think the bus driver should have put hand on her 1st but I do understand why she didn't just let her get off the bus. They aren't allowed to
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by truzbabygirl View Post
    Wow...

The student held back for awhile. She tried to tell the bus driver just to let her off. Even handed her the phone to speak to the mother... which the bus driver just "THREW"....

The bus driver had her hands on the student first...

I dont believe she shouldn't fought back with the bus driver.... and the bus drivers daughter had no right to hit the girl either......

This is a sad story.
    ITA. What on earth was the driver thinking, and are these REALLY the sort of people who are in charge of our children?
  10. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    I agree the bus driver should have never touched the chick. However the chick should have just turned her fucking cell off and quit running her suck and they would have been home with zero incident.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast