Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids drinking in your home..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Kids drinking in your home..

Advertisements
    DO you agree with allowing your children to drink in your home???
    Please explain
    And lets keep this nice ladies
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I honeslty don't know what I feel.
    I think it's wrong but in the same respect I drank ALOT growing up and my mom allowed my friends and I to drink at home. I think if she didn't I would have gotten in ALOT more trouble.
    But at the same time b/c of that I NEVER saw alcohal as a bad thing.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    after the age of 16 i will allow 1 drink with dinner for special occasions. however i will not serve other children and will not allow driving. i will also educate my children about alcohol.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If the law states 21, then they can wait until 21. Anything under that, you are setting the example that the law means nothing.

Might be harsh but if my child comes home drunk...they will be having a rough couple of days at my house...if not months.

when you are an adult, you make those decisions..when you live in my house, you follow rules/laws.

JMO.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    after the age of 16 i will allow 1 drink with dinner for special occasions. however i will not serve other children and will not allow driving. i will also educate my children about alcohol.
    I do wish I had been educated. I really wasn't at all. I had my first drink at a party at my folk's house when I was 14. I got drunk for the first time then too.
    Nothing was taboo in my mom's house. You can talk about anything and everything and really do anything.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    If the law states 21, then they can wait until 21. Anything under that, you are setting the example that the law means nothing.

Might be harsh but if my child comes home drunk...they will be having a rough couple of days at my house...if not months.

when you are an adult, you make those decisions..when you live in my house, you follow rules/laws.

JMO.
    i agree 100%
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My mom always had the philosophy that if I wanted to drink I would do it whether she tried to stop me or not. I wasn't one to rebel, but she knew from experience when she was growing up that the more you try and hide something from your kids, the more they will want to do it. She would have rather had me sitting at home having a few drinks with my BFF than out at a party getting drunk.

I feel like that was a great way to handle it when I was growing up and I hope to have a similar attitude with my kids. I'm not going to encourage them to drink but I don't want to make it a big deal so they want to go behind my back and experience it. I'd rather them do it in the safety of our home. They need to now the consequences of alcohol, and the consequences if they do it before they are 21 when they are out.

Does that make sense?
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    one thing to keep in ,mind that many states have laws on the books that if a spouse/parent/legal guardian provides their minor child w/ alcohol it is okay but only their child/wife

eta: i know in tx this is the truth
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've always been under the impression that "parents who host..loose the most"
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I don't think this has a cut and dry answer like most things. I personally am glad parents opened their houses up to us growing up when they knew their were special occasions. I'm not talking about keggers. I'm talking about small parties of 10-20 people. They'd always let the parents know. We knew if we came...we stayed. And not to make myself sound like a total hick ( I'm from Tampa) nobody was driving 15-20 minutes away to someone's land to all get blitzed and drive home before our parents would find out.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast