Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypocritical.. much?

1. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...

Neener Hypocritical.. much?

Advertisements
    Ok so I have this in debates because I want to get everyone's take on it. Questions at the end.

So dh is a Christian, and I am a pagan.

Before I met him, I used divination alot, I found it soothing. Alot of my own beliefs revolve around this, and by using runes, tarot & other cards, I can tap in to my "faith".

Well, dh has always been against me having anything of the sort in the house. I knew it was unfair, as he has bibles laying about everywhere, but I tried to respect his beliefs, so I left them back at home in Australia, and since, I've been using Lotus tarot online.

Well, today I bit the dust. There is alot of uncertainty in my life right now, about all things great and small; and so I've felt the urge for a more indepth reading. So, today, when we went to Hastings, and as he was buying Christian movies, I went off to find a deck of Tarot. Well I bought them, and as soon as dh saw that- his face went stone cold and he hasn't talked to me since.

Well, he did say one thing. I called him a hypocrit and he said "No I'm not!". (Oh yes you are buster!)

I just can't see how he isn't. He watches Christian tv shows all the time on the 'main tv'. If I want to watch anything about my religion, I have to go to the bedroom cos he doesn't want to hear "that shit". He also has about 5 bibles, not just in a book case, but like one in each room. And he has absolutely no concern that it completely goes against what I believe in. Him even TELLING me that I can't have a deck of tarot is hypocritical!

So, for debate purposes, I'd like to know what you think.

Do you think it's hypocritical to be told that you can't have any 'tools' of your faith in the home, when your spouse can.

Do you think that it was unjust that I put my foot down and bought them?

Do you think that I should completely respect his religion, because mine is "devil worshipping", and so I shouldn't have my "evil books" in the home?

And any of the like

(As for dh and I, he will get over it, because if his bibles stay, so do my tarot. I just wanted to know what you guys think about this as anything about religion is always a good debate).
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

2. Banned
    Banned
    Simmy, he isn't being fair to you at all.
  3. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart My LT View Post
    Simmy, he isn't being fair to you at all.
    Lol well I know that

I just hope that if he keeps ignoring me, he will do it until dinner tomorrow- that way I don't need to cook
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

4. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    I think that if Patrick tried to keep me from my faith I'd show him every passage in the bible about love and acceptance until he was sick from all the warm fuzziness and just left me alone to go wash the good vibes off him.
  5. Made it safe and sound
    Made it safe and sound
    I don't think he is being fair either. I'm sorry he gave you a hard time about it.
    Proud Wifey of CharliesAngel, miraluu, CarLooSHoo, LT and A*Singing*Wife

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah.. that is very hypocritical. I DON'T think you were unjust and I think you BOTH should respect each other's religion. (sounds like you have that part down... not so much him... )
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    yeah.. that is very hypocritical. I DON'T think you were unjust and I think you BOTH should respect each other's religion. (sounds like you have that part down... not so much him... )
    I agree.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    yeah, that's very hypocritical. DH lets me put up my candles and crucifix; if he wanted to put something up of course i'd let him too, would only be fair.
  9. Senior Member
    I suppose I'll argue only on semantics. Within your marriage, it is a double-standard. It isn't hypocritical though. Now, if you want to argue the hypocrisy from the arena of tolerance, you'd have a point. Not all Christians believe in tolerance though.

Personal addendum, he isn't being fair at all, IMO. If he married you knowing of your beliefs, he should respect your right to incorporate that into your daily life.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dh is christian and i am wiccan so i def know where you are coming from. he has his stuff and i have mine and at first he was very much the same way you dh is. i also put my foot down and then we had a nice long chat about how his religion is important to him and i respected him for his faith in it and that my religion is important to me and i expect him to have the same respect for mine.... etc....

and yes i think he is being unfair and a hypocrit. hugs hon i hope the two of you resolve this one soon ( but secretly i am hoping it will wait so you won't have to cook either lol )
    I feel the need to be petted too!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast