Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding/breastmilk in a cup

1. Senior Member

Breastfeeding/breastmilk in a cup

Advertisements
    Loretta pointing something out. Is there a difference from breastfeeding a 8 year old and putting breastmilk in a cup for a 8 year old? Would you continue to give your child breastmilk as long as it is in a cup?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there is a huge - enormous - difference to me. I would not EVER continue breastfeeding (from the breast) any child past 3 years old, period. I don't even think I'd go past 2, just for personal comfort reasons.

However, I do believe that there are benefits to breastmilk for any human and we drink cow's milk from cups b/c of it's benefits, so why not human breastmilk in a cup also?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree with Brandi. My personal goal for the twins is four years of breastmilk, though I know the last two at least will be from a cup. If only once or twice a day at that point, I think the nutrients will still be beneficial to developing brains!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I agree with Brandi. My personal goal for the twins is four years of breastmilk, though I know the last two at least will be from a cup. If only once or twice a day at that point, I think the nutrients will still be beneficial to developing brains!
    You just warm my heart! 4 years is wonderful!!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Pumping is not always the easiest thing. When I pump I get a couple ounces it is a lot easier to let my child nurse and have a true let down of milk then to pump it and put it in a cup. My child is not 8 though he is a little over two. I don't plan to nurse to 8 years. If he is still nursing at three I will relook at things for now I am fine my kiddo is fine and it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks because it is whats right for my child.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    You just warm my heart! 4 years is wonderful!!
    I am sooo ready to be a moo cow! Pumping is a bitch, so I know once we stop the actual nursing it will be a very decreased amount, but I will go with it as long as possible, I REALLY want to hit that four year mark with them

I was so disappointed when I couldn't continue with Liam, I cried for weeks. It's such a failure feeling, even though I had no control over it.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For me personally there is a huge difference b/c cup and breast.
  8. X
    X
    First of all giving your child BM is the best thing you can do for them. To me it doesn't matter if it comes from pumping or directly from breasts. It's all a personal choice and what mother and child feel comfortable with.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    Pumping is not always the easiest thing. When I pump I get a couple ounces it is a lot easier to let my child nurse and have a true let down of milk then to pump it and put it in a cup. My child is not 8 though he is a little over two. I don't plan to nurse to 8 years. If he is still nursing at three I will relook at things for now I am fine my kiddo is fine and it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks because it is whats right for my child.
    I HATED pumping b/c I couldn't get squat! My boobs were overflowing with milk, leaking all over the place, nearly drowning my babies when I'd latch them on but I could hook up the pump and get like 3-4 oz in like 30 mins So, I totally understand. If it came down to me having to continue feeding them from the breast past 2-3 years old b/c I couldn't pump, I would probably just discontinue breastfeeding b/c I'm not personally comfortable going past that age.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dont know. I look at Savannah and I just cant see the emotional benefits of doing it that long from the breast. I would have NO issues from a cup though. I dont know, I associate breast = bottle. Would you let a 8 yr old still drink from a bottle? Just my thoughts on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast