Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Religion question.....

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

Question Another Religion question.....

Advertisements
    Ok for those of you who either believe in a certain religion or don't believe in anything.....have you ever thought "What if I die and I do stand before God and I didn't believe in him?" or those who do believe in him, do you ever wonder "What if I die and there is no God or Heaven?"

I'll be honest and have thought about it before. I myself am Pagan and I also believe in reincarnation, but I have thought "What if there is really a Heaven and I can't get in because I didn't believe?"

Just curious to what yall thought.
  2. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Why do people *need* to feel like they will continue to live in some way?
    I never understood that, actually. (My father's a minister so my whole family's Christian)

I believe that when I'm gone I'm gone - once you're dead you're DEAD. Live life carefully and love every minute of it.
  3. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    Why do people *need* to feel like they will continue to live in some way?
    I never understood that, actually. (My father's a minister so my whole family's Christian)

I believe that when I'm gone I'm gone - once you're dead you're DEAD. Live life carefully and love every minute of it.
    Do you follow a certain religion? Just curious.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I went through a very unsure, yet "enlightening" period a couple of years ago. I knew that I wasn't Christian, but not knowing where I would end up when I died was absolutely devastating to me.

I remember having a conversation with my husband, who's pretty much atheist, and telling him that I just could not imagine it all being over, in an instant, and just ceasing to exist.

He asked me, "Why? Why is that upsetting. You didn't always exist, you know."

And for some reason, it just helped put it in a better perspective for me. He's right. I didn't exist for millions and millions of years, and I don't remember it being so bad.

I don't know where I stand now, to tell you the truth. I know when I think about it too much, I have a panic attack. So I don't.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I have thought about it on both sides of the coin, actually. While I was religious I thought, 'well if I die and there is no god I won't know the difference anyway, I just hope I am not wasting my life focusing on this religion if it amounts for nothing'.

Now that I am Atheist I have thought about where I might stand if there is a god. I am a compassionate, generous, kind person. I do everything I can to help other human beings become better people. I do everything I can to learn and grow into a better person myself. If there is a god then they will see me for who I am, and I have nothing to worry about.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I have thought about it on both sides of the coin, actually. While I was religious I thought, 'well if I die and there is no god I won't know the difference anyway, I just hope I am not wasting my life focusing on this religion if it amounts for nothing'.

Now that I am Atheist I have thought about where I might stand if there is a god. I am a compassionate, generous, kind person. I do everything I can to help other human beings become better people. I do everything I can to learn and grow into a better person myself. If there is a god then they will see me for who I am, and I have nothing to worry about.

Yes, that too. I'd like to think I'm a kind, generous, sincere person because I believe in good, I believe in humanity, and that it's innate in me, not because I'm bound by a book to do so.

It's very empowering actually. Humanism.
  7. Senior Member
    At the end of the day I have my faith. I dont question that. People question the Bible and will keep asking me "but how did this happen" or "how do you know it is not all maded up". It always come back to faith. And everyone has faith, right?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    And everyone has faith, right?
    No. Not really.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post

Nicely written. I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    And everyone has faith, right?
    I would say everyone has faith in something(I have faith in my husband, my family, and my friends), but not everyone has faith in some sort of higher power. I definitely do not.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaGoddess View Post
    Yes, that too. I'd like to think I'm a kind, generous, sincere person because I believe in good, I believe in humanity, and that it's innate in me, not because I'm bound by a book to do so.

It's very empowering actually. Humanism.
    Yep, I am definitely a humanist. I have never felt more fulfilled, worthwhile, and empowered in my life as I have since I have developed a humanist philosophy.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast